Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever try the Hot Shot boot heaters { 12 volt} ? Do they work and are they worth the $65? My feet are cold all the time even when not outside. Still ride but feet stay cold.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try a pair of Lacrosse Snow King or Ice King boots, Good to 100 below.
I wear a thin pair of socks all season and have never been cold.
Bought a pair for the wife and she hasn't had cold feet since.

SKI-DOO ROCKS!!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I've never tried electric stuff in my boots, but I wear Sorel boots, never had cold feet.

http://www.sorelonline.com

I dunno how good they are now though, because Columbia Sportswear bought them out. They used to be a great company from Northern Canada but then stupid Columbia bought them out.

They look basically the same though, and they feel the same, so I figure they are pretty close. Very warm boot, good traction on them too. Natural rubber soles so they do not freeze.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My father 'had' two good feet, but when he needed his feet warm, the liners with the heaters worked great. Only this is that the melted ice can form on the end of the boards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Board heatexchangers are my foot warmers. Keep ice from building on my boards. That is all I care about. I know you mean feet but any good pair of boots and double pair o socks is good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have learned that when you pull current away, it often comes at the expense of the hand warmers. I would also spend the money on a pair of good boots. I forgot what kind mine are, but they are rated to 100 below. Never cold. They are heavy, though.

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I agree with what Sled Dog said, board heat exchangers are beautiful things. Too bad Polaris puts their exchangers in the tunnel now.

that was one thing my 1996 XCR had over my '98. The heat exchangers on the running boards instead of in the tunnel.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have been living in a cold climate and working outdoors my whole life. Nothing beats a good pair of insulated boots with one pair of socks. Don't get your boots to tight and don't over compensate with to many socks. It will make your feet sweat and then your feet will be that much colder when the sweat starts to freeze. Sorels are great, Columbia is great. So many others work great also. Just make sure they are insulated, waterproofed and and not made of cheap rubber.

I wear a pair of Cat's with one pair of socks. My feet stay warm unless I am just standing in deep snow and doing nothing.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

Edited by - frozensmile on 18 Dec 2001 08:18:48

·
Registered
289 Posts
with the voltage problem.. i think you can get alternators that put out more amps.. if u have elec start.. and if u have other kinda power... your screwed... i always wanted to try hooking a small car alternator into the sled somehow.. like extending the shaft on something and putting on a belt and welding a bracket... it would be sweeeeeeeeeeet

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wear lacrosse iceman & wool socks [one pair] Have tried different boots and sock combos but this works best for me. Ride a 98 z440 no elec start no bat. and they say hook up warmers to lights. only draw three amps and work like hand warmers. I love riding but feet freeze!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts