Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 Woody studs, New red windshield. Only 2,251 miles no reverse or electric start. This sled is the VES edition so you can run premium gas or unleaded I prefer premium because burns better. Not even broke in yet. Fast sled all clean updates done, engine parts cleaned, also new bushings in the clutch (I replace them every year) and carbs cleaned, New belt plus, spare belt, needs carbides and gas gauge $80 to fix. Comes with 3 inch bar riser and sno stuff can. Email me for further questions or if you want to come see it. You can call/ text me for questions 715-928-1711 Thanks sincerely for checking out my post. looking to get $2,600
will send pics upon request.

·
Registered
453 Posts
would you be interested in tradin your sno stuff can for a speedwerx hot seat can sinse your trying to sell the sled possibly??..

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
xcsp_rider said:
96 Woody studs, New red windshield. Only 2,251 miles no reverse or electric start.

This sled is the VES edition so you can run premium gas or unleaded
VES means variable exhaust system. That does not mean you can run either or. It means you have an exhaust valve which moves to adjust exhaust flow. Also, all gas you buy at a gas pump is unleaded. You mean regular unleaded which is usually 87 octane.[/color=red]

I prefer premium because burns better.
Hm. I was unaware of this. I'm pretty sure if your motor calls for 87 octane you should run it. The higher the octane, the higher the flash point. Its good to prevent detonation but you will actually have more carbon buildup as well as a lot of unburnt fuel which could result in a major loss in money ( worse fuel economy and higher gas price )[/color=red]
Not even broke in yet.
Did you rebuild the motor? If not it was broken in well over 1800 miles ago.[/color=red]
Fast sled all clean updates done, engine parts cleaned, also new bushings in the clutch (I replace them every year) and carbs cleaned, New belt plus, spare belt, needs carbides and gas gauge $80 to fix. Comes with 3 inch bar riser and sno stuff can. Email me for further questions or if you want to come see it. You can call/ text me for questions 715-928-1711 Thanks sincerely for checking out my post. looking to get $2,600
will send pics upon request.

Wrong section for this, and I dont mean to be "that guy", but $2600 for that sled is extremely steep.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
sledcrusher.....you are a dink. Why would you do this to a for sale ad? If you've got a problem with his ad, PM him. Don't mess up his ad. You are "that guy".

Sorry for the off topic xcsp_rider. I wish you well in trying to sell your sled. I hope you get $2600 to prove to sledcrusher how much of a gomer he is.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Well, it helps to let him know where hes wrong and where he should work on it. Maybe someone will come along and pay that much for it, you never know. But, I figured some useful information would also be nice.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I agree with giving him info about his sled but maybe where he lives his sled is worth more, doesn't hurt to give him the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Sledcrusher that sled has a differnt spot on the key switch that you use for premium gas maybe it runs better with that setting and high octane gas

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
fusionshuk06 said:
Sledcrusher that sled has a differnt spot on the key switch that you use for premium gas maybe it runs better with that setting and high octane gas
It definitely runs better.. The switch advances the timing more for the premium giving a few more HP.

·
Registered
453 Posts
sled crusher you should learn more about the xc's before you bash him cz my sled has a regular key setting and a premium key setting, and if you put it on premium and run premium there is a pretty noticable difference.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
motorheaderr said:
sled crusher you should learn more about the xc's before you bash him cz my sled has a regular key setting and a premium key setting, and if you put it on premium and run premium there is a pretty noticable difference.
I agree exspecially on the 800's you can really gain some horsepower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts