Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just DO IT.

Practice makes perfect, you will fall off, you will get stuck but just throw that sled around and find the happy spots. Rode with Bret Rasmussmen today. He is an amazing rider and alot can be learned. Leave your pride at home when you go riding with him, if you bring it, he will shatter it. Luckily one of the members of our club is his cousin so have got to enjoy is presence a couple times this year. Here are quite a few picture today, all of me because I am conceited.

Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Tree Freezing

I think it may have been windy up here at one point.

Mountainous landforms Mountain Snow Winter Mountain range

The View from 10,000 ft

This next set is playing around sidehilling/carving on a small hill
Snow Winter sport Geological phenomenon Snowmobile Winter

Snow Geological phenomenon Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport

Snow Snowmobile Geological phenomenon Winter Winter sport

Snowmobile Snow Vehicle Geological phenomenon Racing

Snow Geological phenomenon Winter Recreation Extreme sport

Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Ice Freezing

Snow Snowmobile Geological phenomenon Tree Vehicle

Snow Geological phenomenon Snowmobile Winter Winter sport

Snow Snowmobile Geological phenomenon Winter sport Winter

Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Recreation Winter sport

This set is a pretty tight carve and an awesome camera happening to catch the action perfectly. It turned out awesome for once being 3-5 feet from the camera with the sled tipped over like that
Snow Winter Snowmobile Geological phenomenon Vehicle

Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Winter

Snow Winter Snowmobile Geological phenomenon Vehicle

Snow Winter Vehicle Snowmobile Tree

Snow Winter Vehicle Geological phenomenon Freezing

Check out Schooled with Bret Rasmussen and Chris Burandt, I'm sure it will help alot of you guys out for all your carving/sidehilling ideas...

All in all an awesome day on the spare M8 since the Dragon goes through top ends like I go through Beer.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
ACG said:
Check out Schooled with Bret Rasmussen and Chris Burandt, I'm sure it will help alot of you guys out for all your carving/sidehilling ideas...
They only thing I still havnt got down yet is how they stop while going down hill in that video, I tried it a few times when we were out west and it did not work nearly as good as they made it look in the video haha. Seems to me like you would need some deep fresh snow for it to be effective. Practice makes perfect.

· Registered
1,694 Posts
When I first started carving (I am not the best at it yet) but sometimes once I got it up I would let go of the gas a bit. If anything hit your gas more and keep it a constint speed. If you slow down or stop you will fall off.

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The downhill stop is tricky, basically just have to start a downhill turn but not turn, or if you do be able to stop on a sidehill.

I can drive around on one ski at a slow walking speed on the trail or in the parking lot so you don't need alot of gas, just balance. The faster you go the less control you have.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
How does he slide down the mountain, not stop, slide? I can do down carves, but every time I try to go straight, even when I don't use throttle, the ass end comes around and I roll my sled, or it turns into a sidehill.

Im talking about like, 1:11, and 3:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ie7HlJ_Zn0

· Registered
45 Posts
Foot placement on the running boards is probably your problem sledcrusher.

The father back your foot is on the running board the harder you will turn. So in order to go straight you have to stand at the very front of the running board.

ACG, looks like maybe your dragon should be the spare. [;)]

· Registered
2,324 Posts
Snow conditions and steepness of the hill have a lot to do with it. I can lay the sled on its side and slide downhill perpendicular to the fall line for quite a ways. You have to be pretty much totally off the sled and give it some throttle to pull that off, but usually I end up spinning the tail out and pointing back uphill. If you can finish that move off by rolling the sled back off edge and continuing, it's a really cool feeling. I've only done what you showed in the video by accident.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
I can do that, but I mean when they go straight down. The farthest I've gone with the nose pointing down was only a couple feet, and then I either roll, or turn it into a sidehill, or go straight up, or get stuck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.