Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle built this sled. Never rode it, looked at it for hours on end. He has another, more trail friendly version that he never rides.


http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/for/2026491304.html
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,279 Posts
I have seen that for sale on SW and CL for awhile. Why doesn't he ride it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
The guy I bought my last IQr from was going to try a 1200 in it. He was told by Larry Rugland that he(LR) couldn't make power with his pipes in a IQr with that configuration. He sold me the sled and went back to his 1200 Edge.

Who's pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Can you say Crazy? that's an insane sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
He started the beast of a motor and it started growling at him, now he is scared? haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
RMK-KING said:
Why doesn't he ride it?
Sanity prevailed?
I really don't know. He trail rode his other one for a year, and oh sweet lord did that thing move. He has a 2010 800 Dragon SB modded up.

dodger said:
Who's pipes?
Not sure I believe they were relatively customed to fit.

Here is the contents of the ad for if it gets deleted.

For Sale 2006 IQ R 1200 triple. 1200 watercraft base, 230hp very low hours and very very fast. 800 xcr ign,flat slide carbs,v force reeds.Chassis new when built.Best of everything. Sled was never trail riden only from the rubber to the lake.$10,500.00 or trade for a Seadoo RPX-X 2009 or newer. No track kickers please.


20101026151614881_29105.jpg
20101026151615427_29105.jpg
20101026151615771_29105.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
did he take it to abby lake by your house? if its a picked track then its a specific sled and a little tougher to sell. if it had a trail track on it there might be more chance of selling it.

i am going to go out on a limb and guess at 230 hp they are older style pipes or a lower rpm than normal. the latest crankshop pipes and some of the mountian guys pipes are in the 260 hp range with pump gas but they are bigger carbs and higher rpm.

for 10 grand its not a bad buy at all, good starting point to make a mod sled out of. try to make one yourself and you would be past 10 grand long before you have a crappy looking nickel and dime sled let alone one that nice looking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
madcow said:
did he take it to abby lake by your house? if its a picked track then its a specific sled and a little tougher to sell. if it had a trail track on it there might be more chance of selling it.


for 10 grand its not a bad buy at all, good starting point to make a mod sled out of. try to make one yourself and you would be past 10 grand long before you have a crappy looking nickel and dime sled let alone one that nice looking.
I don't think it was ever on the lake, but I'm curious how you know what lake I live on?

I believe the track has something around the number of 200's picks.

The sled is VERY well done. Would love to ride his trail version this winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
i didnt think there is anything else that could even be added to that sled. its beautiful. bet she hauls a$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
Dragon700 said:
madcow said:
did he take it to abby lake by your house? if its a picked track then its a specific sled and a little tougher to sell. if it had a trail track on it there might be more chance of selling it.


for 10 grand its not a bad buy at all, good starting point to make a mod sled out of. try to make one yourself and you would be past 10 grand long before you have a crappy looking nickel and dime sled let alone one that nice looking.
I don't think it was ever on the lake, but I'm curious how you know what lake I live on?[/color=red]

spooky isnt it. some people forget how high i fly in the world.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,384 Posts
Why didnt he have someone that actually knew what they were doing fit the pipes? Brad at Power Addiction can get all three to exit the mag side and still fit a hood.


230 horse means its probably not ported? What size carbs? What brand pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Dragon700 said:
madcow said:
did he take it to abby lake by your house? if its a picked track then its a specific sled and a little tougher to sell. if it had a trail track on it there might be more chance of selling it.


for 10 grand its not a bad buy at all, good starting point to make a mod sled out of. try to make one yourself and you would be past 10 grand long before you have a crappy looking nickel and dime sled let alone one that nice looking.
I don't think it was ever on the lake, but I'm curious how you know what lake I live on?

I believe the track has something around the number of 200's picks.

The sled is VERY well done. Would love to ride his trail version this winter.
You live on Abby lake? I've seen that sled on Abby more then once.... I let the owner of that machine use my GPS for a top speed run on that sled last year. It is a very nice looking sled for sure!
You must know Tom then, he had the fast 09' Dragon 800???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BattleStorm said:
Dragon700 said:
madcow said:
did he take it to abby lake by your house? if its a picked track then its a specific sled and a little tougher to sell. if it had a trail track on it there might be more chance of selling it.


for 10 grand its not a bad buy at all, good starting point to make a mod sled out of. try to make one yourself and you would be past 10 grand long before you have a crappy looking nickel and dime sled let alone one that nice looking.
I don't think it was ever on the lake, but I'm curious how you know what lake I live on?

I believe the track has something around the number of 200's picks.

The sled is VERY well done. Would love to ride his trail version this winter.
You live on Abby lake? I've seen that sled on Abby more then once.... I let the owner of that machine use my GPS for a top speed run on that sled last year. It is a very nice looking sled for sure!
You must know Tom then, he had the fast 09' Dragon 800???
I live there. Were the house that everyone goes up to, the little landing you guys use, go up that driveway. Thats ours.

Tom, the fast 800 dragon guy is our buddy, and he is in our snowmobile club. He rebuilds my shocks.

I most likely talked to you last year then, I'm the kid cruising around on a 700 dragon.

The more that I think about it, I remember seeing either you or Madcow's XCR cruising around poppin the skiis off with a tap of the throttle. And I raced you or Madcow on my pop's 2010 800 Dragon SB, it was just for kicks but I got spanked.

the_hog said:
Why didnt he have someone that actually knew what they were doing fit the pipes? Brad at Power Addiction can get all three to exit the mag side and still fit a hood.


230 horse means its probably not ported? What size carbs? What brand pipes?
He can fit them on an IQR? Wow, thats pretty impressive. Don't know brand of pipes, will ask about carb size.

madcow said:
spooky isnt it. some people forget how high i fly in the world.
Next time I hear all you guys down there I'm definatly goona ride down and try to track ya down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Dragon700 said:
BattleStorm said:
Dragon700 said:
madcow said:
did he take it to abby lake by your house? if its a picked track then its a specific sled and a little tougher to sell. if it had a trail track on it there might be more chance of selling it.


for 10 grand its not a bad buy at all, good starting point to make a mod sled out of. try to make one yourself and you would be past 10 grand long before you have a crappy looking nickel and dime sled let alone one that nice looking.
I don't think it was ever on the lake, but I'm curious how you know what lake I live on?

I believe the track has something around the number of 200's picks.

The sled is VERY well done. Would love to ride his trail version this winter.
You live on Abby lake? I've seen that sled on Abby more then once.... I let the owner of that machine use my GPS for a top speed run on that sled last year. It is a very nice looking sled for sure!
You must know Tom then, he had the fast 09' Dragon 800???
I live there. Were the house that everyone goes up to, the little landing you guys use, go up that driveway. Thats ours.

Tom, the fast 800 dragon guy is our buddy, and he is in our snowmobile club. He rebuilds my shocks.

I most likely talked to you last year then, I'm the kid cruising around on a 700 dragon.

The more that I think about it, I remember seeing either you or Madcow's XCR cruising around poppin the skiis off with a tap of the throttle. And I raced you or Madcow on my pop's 2010 800 Dragon SB, it was just for kicks but I got spanked.

the_hog said:
Why didnt he have someone that actually knew what they were doing fit the pipes? Brad at Power Addiction can get all three to exit the mag side and still fit a hood.


230 horse means its probably not ported? What size carbs? What brand pipes?
He can fit them on an IQR? Wow, thats pretty impressive. Don't know brand of pipes, will ask about carb size.

madcow said:
spooky isnt it. some people forget how high i fly in the world.
Next time I hear all you guys down there I'm definatly goona ride down and try to track ya down.

Yeah that would have been me driving my XCR around on Abby and doing some racing. Tom is who I talked to about going there and racing. Do you know why he sold his Dragon and what hes going to get next? Tom's buddy has a 2009 Dragon as well and we raced many times up and down the lake. I had allot of fun there last year. If you see my XCR 800 again come on over and BS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BattleStorm said:
Yeah that would have been me driving my XCR around on Abby and doing some racing. Tom is who I talked to about going there and racing. Do you know why he sold his Dragon and what hes going to get next? Tom's buddy has a 2009 Dragon as well and we raced many times up and down the lake. I had allot of fun there last year. If you see my XCR 800 again come on over and BS.
Tom sold his Dragon, I don't know why, I think it might be because of its a fad around here right now. He got a 2011 Ski-Doo 800 E-Tec. His buddy with the 09 800, Kurt, kept his dragon I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
I saw this sled last year in wisconsin on St. Germain lake and it runs REAL strong. It has a pile of long chisles in it. The pipes i believe are slp if i remember right. It's definitely a fast sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way, you Abbie Lake runners, PM me before a weekend, and I will try to get down and plow the track.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top