Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored so I figured id make a post on our latest project. A 1970 mustang coupe my brother picked up awhile back for cheap. It was mostly rust free but had a few dents,needed paint,interior,tranny leaked, engine knocked and needed a new hood. So far we have it stripped down and the body is all strightened out. We are rebuilding the old 302 ourself with some good parts in it [;)] The C4 tranny is being gone through at a repair shop. ill keep you updated as it should look pretty sweet when its done.

Didnt snap a actual pic when we first got it but it looked alot like this,ugly gold..It will be grabber blue with clear coat when its done.
[attachment=50181]

Pile of parts
[attachment=50182]

Body smoothed out and sanded
[attachment=50183]
Striped
[attachment=50184]

302 which was totally shot, heres the rebuild which will now include 9:8.1 compression,comp cam,stainless valves, Z28 valve springs and a aluminum intake [:D]
[attachment=50185]

Primed and ready for paint
[attachment=50186]

*Update Nov,30,06

Painted the body and it turned out great..I wired in a new stereo system tonight and got the dash togather. Now it needs the interior put in and to paint the doors and hood.

[attachment=50466]
[attachment=50467]

Put the motor and tranny back in,sounds pretty mean..
[attachment=50468]

*Update Dec 29,06

Getting closer to done. Just need to finish the hood and get a grill for it. Then we are having a guy put a new headliner in it.
[attachment=54014]

[attachment=54015]

*Update March 17th DONE!!!

Finally finished it up and took it for a test spin today, left a few nice marks on the highway,hehe [:D]. It turned out pretty good.

Pics

[attachment=64142]

[attachment=64143]

[attachment=64144]

[attachment=64145]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
WOW! Nice.. I love the old mustangs.. Guy down the road has one that's blue.. I call it the BONDO BUCKET! LOL!

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Looks like a fun project. Should be nice when she's done though...keep us updated! [:D]

Lucky SOB...Two drag cars, dads torino, mustang, Galaxy, '54, dad's pickup, and now another Mustang....you have way too many toys accessible! [:I]

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Looking pretty good. That grabber blue is going to look awesome.

Note - Farmers have way to much time on their hands. [:p]

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]Looks like a fun project. Should be nice when she's done though...keep us updated! [:D]

Lucky SOB...Two drag cars, dads torino, mustang, Galaxy, '54, dad's pickup, and now another Mustang....you have way too many toys accessible! [:I]
Don't even get me started.. LOL! I could top off most the guys on here with toys.. LOL! Well, used to be able to.. We used to have sleds, bikes, quads, sports cars, other kinds of cars, vans, rc jets, rc cars, and a vaccum cleaner.. LOL!

Yea.. That's gonna be sick. You should put a blower on that engine.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Sharp color...lookin' damn good so far!! [VeryHappy]

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
personally i woulda found a 351w for it and built that motor but otherwise great job so far should look sick when its done

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]personally i woulda found a 351w for it and built that motor but otherwise great job so far should look sick when its done
2800lb car, I think the 302 will push it around just fine for now [:)]

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I know a guy that just had his Mustang painted Grabber Blue as well. It looks sweet.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Looking Very Nice!! I gotta get some pics of my car up on here, I am waist deep in the resoration of a 1970 Chevy Nova, Its not to the stage yours is yet though, still needs assembly and final body work. Its lots of work doin a car right! Looks like you've got a good project there Have Fun!

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Lookin' pretty sharp. Should look pretty nice driving around.

·
Registered
901 Posts
looking good. mustangs are hands down my favorite cars ever made

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Awesome. Looks pretty good with the scoop finally on and such. It appears to have some mud on it though...better get on that... [;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts