Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We rode in Forest county WI over the weekend and for the most part, the trails are in good condition. They definately need more snow on them, but they are good.
There is one small spot on the trail to Lily River Lodge (east toward LMT #3) that is rutted up really bad.
If you are on that trail, BE CAREFUL!!! Hitting that spot with a little bit of speed can (and probably will) f%ck up a person badly.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Dave. Forest County is not worth riding, most trails are ****ty. They even have loggers still logging on them so the ruts are huge. Anyone ever needs reports just pm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was up in Mountain this weekend and i'm just glad the trails were open. The trails were ice for the most part but the only reason i was up there this weekend was for the Chute Pond Fisherie. Overall it was good to just get out and ride.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think the trails in Forest county were too bad at all, but we were riding slow. My girlfriend rides once or twice a year, and she's easy on the gas..... hitting a tree will do that to a person I guess.
We took the railroad grade trail from Wabeno to Laona. Warmed up at some hole in the wall tavern for a while, and stared at the map. She said "let's go this way," so we went west, took the second trail that goes to the south, and rode to Robert's Lake. Most of that was pretty good. From there, we rode to the Lily River Lodge (really good chili there). We were heading south hoping to go toward Tounsend or Carter, but something didn't seem right. I started to think we were heading toward Lily, so we turned around, went back up the trail (I think it was 9) and turned east and headed back to Wabeno. 64 miles, and we were back just after dark.
It was getting cold FAST when the sun went down.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll agree with you about the Lily River Lodge. I've been there numerous times, only in the summer though. The day usually ends up with one of us drunk and dancing with the stuffed bear. LMAO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts