Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need your help! I own a 99 Skidoo formula z 583, And about every 35-40 miles it will foul one plug during stop and go riding, When u pull the plugs only one is caked with oil and the other is nice dry and brown. On long runs and blasts across a lake both plugs seem ok. The sled does not lack in preformance untill the plug goes bad!! Has anyone else had this problem and does any one know a solution to fix it? Just thought id ask here before i start tearing into it to try and find the problem. If its the oil injection system wouldnt both plugs be acting the same way? thanks for the info!
Ps. I owned this sled new and dont remember having this problem, it started happening to my bro when he bought the sled from me! With about a thousand miles on it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^No one has any idea whats going on here?????????????^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
My guess is low compression in that cyl., I would test it to see what it has. Out side of that I cant think of anything it could be. I dont think it would be your oil injection system as I would find it hard to believe it could over oil one side and not the other.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check it out! Sled starts and runs great though.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
could be a plugged pilot jet ,or a bad needle and seat,or jetted way to rich on the main

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I don't have a doo but my rxl used to blow pto plug every trip out. Changed to ngk iridium and it stopped. Just throwin a bone.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]I don't have a doo but my rxl used to blow pto plug every trip out. Changed to ngk iridium and it stopped. Just throwin a bone.
I had a yamaha that did the same, a set of NGK ev's and it was fixed. No technical explination but it worked.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have ever rejetted the sled double check you may have put a larger jet in one side causing the fouled plug.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm not buying the jetting theory, because if that is the case the cyl that is too fat would lay down at WOT not clean out, if it were a case that a jet was plugged then it would be lean not rich. If it is carb related then I would think it would have to be a heavy float. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never rejetted the sled its bone stock besides the riser! Ill pull the carbs and see if i find anything??? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]I'm not buying the jetting theory, because if that is the case the cyl that is too fat would lay down at WOT not clean out, if it were a case that a jet was plugged then it would be lean not rich. If it is carb related then I would think it would have to be a heavy float. Let us know what you find.
the needle and pilot jets might be too fat and the main is dead on which would clean it out at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bob in wisconsin, what part of waukesha are you.
I run automotive engine rebuilders performance division,
on arcadian ave.
If you need sled parts, machining, trailers, sleds, I have all you need at prices that are very good..

Donny kompas
262-521-2250

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]I'm not buying the jetting theory, because if that is the case the cyl that is too fat would lay down at WOT not clean out, if it were a case that a jet was plugged then it would be lean not rich. If it is carb related then I would think it would have to be a heavy float. Let us know what you find.
the needle and pilot jets might be too fat and the main is dead on which would clean it out at wide open throttle.
Your right, I was thinking main jet and should have specified.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts