Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Four Stroke Talk

3K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  Pooly_31 
#1 ·
I know I talk about Yamaha a lot but I seriouslly think they will come out with the best four stroke. I mean look at what we have seen so far. We had cat come out with an ok one. Then Polaris was a little faster but worse vibration and louder. Then SkiDoo/Rotax came with their 1000 V-Twin and we see what some real life four stroke experience wins you. I bet that when Yamaha enters the field their Four Stroke will be the best. I am basing this assumption on their four stroke dirtbikes, ATVs, Boat engines, and all their many motorcycles. I mean they have the real life experience to make one kick ass sled engine. I hope to see it soon.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
do you really believe that? well they do have their Victory bikes but not sure what they can gain from that since those aren't really big performers. Their 4 Stroke ATVs are nothing to be wowed over though the new V-Twin is nice.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
I really really doubt that cat went from the slowest four stroke to a very fast race worthy engine in a year. I could see Yamaha doing it cause they have their motocross bikes and all their other stuff but all cat has is big heavy utility quads and generators. I am not saying it is impossible but I would bet money that it is just a pipe setup that you take to sounding odd. Maybe something in the timing was altered.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
I will run a two stroke as long as I can. Like my uncle said even if they means buying a new chassis and puting my old Two Stroke engine in it. I won't go that far but he will :)

Discussion starter · #29 ·
first of all safari I don't think a sled needs to rev like mad just to go. A lower reving engine with torque could do it. AS well as the fact taht at top speed the Yamaha YZF-R6 clocks at about 160MPH and 15,000RPMs. Stick the R1 engine which is 400ccs bigger in a sled :) mmm goodness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.