Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
If your sled is really a mod, then it has the factory Ski-Doo race shocks on it. I was considering switching over to Floats but everyone I talked to said to not do it. They said the best shocks for under $700 a shock are the Ski-Doo race shocks.

I do know that the floats are good trail and rough trail shocks.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If your not going to re-valve your stock ones, get a set of Walker Evans racer clicker shocks. Then get a higher charge put in right away. That's what I got and I never bottom out anymore. And with a couple clicks I can have a rode like a calillac on the trails. :)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Your stock HPG clicker X Ski-Doo race shocks are one of the best on the market. If you want real shocks get Fox Float Evol X, or stick to stock. If you wish, get a 3-way progressive rate front spring set-up, and a 2-way for the track shock. That will help for trail/hardcore complaince on the fly.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Rebuild yours? If you're not happy with them and their pretty much the best shocks you shouldn't need to change them unless they need to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
the sled in has avatar has fox floats...........

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Dragon700 said:
If your not going to re-valve your stock ones, get a set of Walker Evans racer clicker shocks. Then get a higher charge put in right away. That's what I got and I never bottom out anymore. And with a couple clicks I can have a rode like a calillac on the trails. :)
From what I've heard, Walker Evans are actually one of the cheaper quality clicker shocks you can buy, and you don't get your moneys worth out of them.

Factory Ski-Doo Race shocks arent HPG clickers like that of the Blizzard or later model X packages, and they aren't like the piggybacks featured on the other various X models. They are C-36 clickers, and are top of the line Bombardier.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Dragon700 said:
From what I've heard, Walker Evans are actually one of the cheaper quality clicker shocks you can buy, and you don't get your moneys worth out of them.

Factory Ski-Doo Race shocks arent HPG clickers like that of the Blizzard or later model X packages, and they aren't like the piggybacks featured on the other various X models. They are C-36 clickers, and are top of the line Bombardier.
well dont say things from what you hear. tell from expierence. the reason most people dont like W/E is because that they didnt come with stiff enough change from the factory, so people blew them out all the time. get a stiffer charge right away and youll be suprised.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I know of a lot of Polaris people that actually switch over to the doo race shocks.

Also, if your racing, and not valving your shocks anyways, you shouldn't be racing. If your running your sled bone stock on the track, theres a problem with your method.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i got W/E Clicker on my sled and i love them.....i have a buddy who has fox floats and he loves them...it all matter of option but i would say pic between thos and yooull be happy either way,,,but remember compressed air changes from the out side temp

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
powdermadd440 said:
jesse500 said:
the sled in has avatar has fox floats...........
Really? It's kinda hard to tell with his shock covers on isn't it?
looks like foats to me.... but i cant maximize the pic as im on the schools server

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
All I can see is covers, and his snowmobile does indeed use shocks. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/image/173958-original.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts