Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully JBShocks or Sortastock will respond to this..

Ive noticed there are several different types of fox shocks available on the 10" crc fronts. Is there a particular one to have?

IE my 1998 xcr 440 has gold colored casings, ive seen the same length shocks with white casings and my 2000 xc 700 also has gold colored casings but not identical to my 98 xcr 440. They are all exactly the same length. Anything to know here? When I look up prices at partsland my 98 xcr 440 shocks sell for nearly twice what my 2000 xc 700 shocks do. Ive seen decent pricing here and there for the white cased fox shocks no where near what the stealer wants.

98 440 shocks:
[attachment=52380]

Standard Fox shocks:
[attachment=52381]

2000 xcsp 700 shocks:
[attachment=52382]

·
Registered
506 Posts
there is no difference in the construction. Valve changes are made per model. gold vs white is more that the older ones were gold in most cases. If you are in the market buy the pair from polaris for 250 with springs. They are white and from an xc so they are trail valved.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jb. So its safe to assume the white casings actually dictate a newer shock?

What happend was my 2000 xc was due for the shocks to be rebuilt, (actually they needed it several years ago) and I stumbled accross these freshly rebuilt white shocks that are cleaner than the ones I have. My plan was to just change these out and sell the stockers. I hadnt noticed the color difference until I got ready to change them out.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The white ones are the newer ones.

The first set I ever had were silver they were on a 93 xlt sp. Then they wen't to gold and now white.

Usually the heavier the valving the higher the price was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.