Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been told i'm supposed to have the front shocks on my 99 xc sp rebuilt after the first 500 or so miles. well, it's nearing 2500 and i haven't done anything. does anyone have any light to shed on this subject? the rear shocks are also fox, although the one is the pps shock, which i'm pretty sure requires no rebuilding. how about the other one?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
With that many miles, it's time for a rebuild. You'll notice a difference. Every season or every 1000 miles is what most of us do for Fox Shocks; especially if you ride hard. I'm not sure on the PPS though. My local Polaris dealer does them for $25 apiece. Price varies.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd say price varies. my local dealer told me $75 apiece. when i think about it, they have faded, and are a lot softer than they used to be. it doesn't seem like they should need rebuilding time-wise, cuz i've rode the sled 2500 mi in 3 months. i'd better check into it one of these days...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wishful thinking intended! no, i bought the sled jan 2 last year, and rode until mid march. come to think of it, it's my baby's one year anniversary- good thing i took her out for a little jaunt. haha

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

Did you bake it a cake? hehe

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​
[/quote]

LOL

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yea I have wondered the same question about the shocks on my XLT Special. I am not sure how long it has been since they were rebuilt but the suspension seems to be just a little softs for my tastes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts