1.Your full name
2.Your residential address(Physical)....not p o box
3.Your phone number

** Please note that the payment will be overnight to your address and
it will be delivered within 3 days.I will also wait for the check to
clear before i have my mover come for the pick up
Awaiting Your Mail.
Thanks

i assume it is spam, but the part about the check clearing first got my attention. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
It's definitely a scam. One guy said he was going to have movers come to my house. I gave him my address, and told him BRING CASH. No check, no sled. I received a check in the mail ( escrow ) for $7200 ( or somewhere around there ). Needles to say, I called the bank it came from and it was fake. I mailed them the check. Needles to say, they never got their sled.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
scam scam SCAM Also any one that emails you and asks "is the item still avalable" is also a scam, there just looking for someone to reply, they dont even know what your selling

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is a scam I got burned by this one a few months back. The check is fake and most likely drawn on a canadian bank. The bank is aware of the scam and they have the authorities involved in the investigation. Do not give out your address it will become a hassle with all the junk email you will receive. I eventually had to get my mail forwarded to a p.o.box to get rid of the junk mail.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
If they will "arrange" pick up it is a scam. If they offer you your asking price right off the bat, it is probably a scam. Both of those combined and just stay away...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
This has only been going on for 10 years. Thank God even the TV stations think its old news and don't run the Billy Bob got scammed stories anymore. Like we ever felt sorry for the greedy people that were dumb enough to fall for it.

have them send the payment. See if they send more than your asking , they ask you to cash and send the extra back...Thats how the scam goes..At that point turn them in to www.fbi.gov/cyberinvest/cyberhome.htm
if more people would have them go through the hassel of overnighting a payment, not cashing the payment, turning them in, then eventually they may stop. If all else fails and its legit, then you just got full price for your sale.

The best thing to do is NOT post your e-mail in an ad. Phone no. only on all of my craigslist stuff anymore....Plus I always turn the scammers in. I have 3 checks here that are hanging in the garage for entertainment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts