Snowmobile Fanatics banner

freaking me out

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  snojunkee 
#1 ·
rode all day, stopped at a cabin 5 mi. from the sno park[8D]got ready 2 leave my sled won't start worked on it had spark ,gas tries 2 fire but won't run then a relay starts clicking.i gave up and towed it out[:(!]tried 2 start it at the trailer 2 load it ,nope [:(!][:(!]got home unhooked the trailer,what the heck, pulled the rope it fired right up[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!] this is a 91 polaris rxl efi tomorrow i'll really tear in2 it i have 2 find out what happened.

#4 ·
yep u guys were right, battery was dead.i moved it to the frt of the machine & added a cable 2 lengthen the wires that ran 2 the damn battery,i'm thinkin' i'm losin' a little juice thru the cable.i'm gonna get rid of the cable & use wire 2 lengthen it.

#6 ·
My wifes 94 RXL Touring (it has elec Start) was having some weird problems some times the estart would work and then it wouldn't, could start it by pulling, relays clicking etc. put a new battery in it, no change. It was the ground connection. The battery was 5+ years old so it was time for a new one anyway.

#14 ·
well as i said i would tear in2 it. took the pipe off 2 inspect wires, found a wire 2 the regulator broken, repaired it.since i had the pipe off i put the triple pipes on,then 2 change the clutch spring,& the last 1/2" of the bolt breaks & stays in the crank,i hate it when that happens!down 2 the store 4 a left hand drill bit & extension.2 hr. later it's out & new bolt in.modifications seem 2 never end.i'll b installing a battery cut off switch 2 that's a good idea.

#15 ·
Make sure that battery stays charged. Do not jump the RXL to get it started, what happens is the stator can not make enough juice to recharge the battery and run the fuel pump at full pressure. Low fuel pressure delivers a lean condition especially at WOT. RXL = Runs eXtremly Lean. Oh yea, triple pipes will require a chip change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.