Snowmobile Fanatics banner

freestyle seat

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  brain_child 
#1 ·
hey i was wondering if anybody has a design for a freestyle seat i got a couple but i just want to see wat kind of ideas you guys have[confused2]

#2 ·
if this is on ur switch then id say go with a shorty and put a prox trail tank on it or if the iq tank fits ur good, not sure if thats what u mean tho by freestyle

#3 ·
pro-x220x said:
if this is on ur switch then id say go with a shorty and put a prox trail tank on it or if the iq tank fits ur good, not sure if thats what u mean tho by freestyle
no its for the 84 its got an 800 ves motor and i think im going to make that my freesyle sled

#4 ·
gotchya

#5 ·
frankinsled said:
pro-x220x said:
no its for the 84 its got an 800 ves motor and i think im going to make that my freesyle sled
Your going to make an 84 into a freestyle sled? Good luck with that one. A brand new Rev XP trail sled would only last so long hitting a ramp.

#13 ·
frankinsled said:
pro-x220x said:
All I have to say is wow, use some grammar and punctuation. I'm trying to read your topic in order to help you. It's pretty bad that I have to re-read your post 4 times in order to understand what you're trying to say. I had to rant.

I will gladly help you with your seat and design. Remove the seat from the sled and take the cover off and post up a couple of pic's. It's easier on some sleds to use old sliders than use a PVC pipe. The seat with the sliders is what I'm running and it is still quite soft, and does the job. The bench style is alright, but it's a back breaker. The PVC pipe works very well, but they do break if you land hard. If you post pic's I'll help the best I can.

Me being someone who does hit ramps and has a ramping sled would highly recommend getting a different sled for hitting ramps. I wouldn't plan on hitting comp ramps or kickers with the sled that you have described, but that doesn't mean you can't work on grab tricks off of a snow bank.

#14 ·
brain_child said:
I will gladly help you with your seat and design. Remove the seat from the sled and take the cover off and post up a couple of pic's. It's easier on some sleds to use old sliders than use a PVC pipe. The seat with the sliders is what I'm running and it is still quite soft, and does the job. The bench style is alright, but it's a back breaker. The PVC pipe works very well, but they do break if you land hard. If you post pic's I'll help the best I can.

A lot of people around here that ramp do exactly that to make their freestyle seats, and it seems to work awesome, as well as keep enough comfort for trail riding.[/color=red]

Me being someone who does hit ramps and has a ramping sled would highly recommend getting a different sled for hitting ramps. I wouldn't plan on hitting comp ramps or kickers with the sled that you have described, but that doesn't mean you can't work on grab tricks off of a snow bank.

x2. Ramping wrecks sleds, race sled or not, it's going to do work on it. A brand new trail sled will take a beating and break fast. An old trail sled, with a newer trail suspension, will still take a beating, and break. The thing I can really recommend the most is revalving your current shocks ( If they arent rebuildable, buy some rebuildable ones, and revalve them ). Next, buy some thin aluminum sheet and something to cut it. Plasma cutter would be the best, but you can settle on a dremel. Brace the bulkhead, tunnel, and all suspension mounts. [/color=red]

#15 ·
I would never take a trail sled off a kicker or a comp ramp. I watched a guy up at the sled park take his 06 rev 600 off the 60 foot kicker 10 times and basically ruined the whole rear suspension. Cut and dried you don't ramp trail sleds. But if he wants to, all the power to him.

You can get 04-07 race sleds for $2,000 or under.

#16 ·
brain_child said:
I would never take a trail sled off a kicker or a comp ramp. I watched a guy up at the sled park take his 06 rev 600 off the 60 foot kicker 10 times and basically ruined the whole rear suspension. Cut and dried you don't ramp trail sleds. But if he wants to, all the power to him.

[24pt]You can get 04-07 race sleds for $2,000 or under.[/24pt]
Finally, someone who has taken the time and knows how cheap you can get these things. Everytime I say that people say "Yeah, and they're beat to hell and need work". No, you can get them in perfect running shape for under $2000. Saw a guy sell a RUNNING 2004 SnoPro 440 that needed a back bumper, front bumper, and had some rips in the seats. All original paperwork as well as receipts for all replaced parts. $1400.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.