Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya know in some ways I way kind of excited to do the maiden voiage on my race sled today. The sled had been running pretty good concidering all that was done last summer. I was excited but I was also scared because how cold it was. I loaded the sled last night and it started first pull and ran great. I got to the radar run about 10:30 this morning and it was cold. Maybe 10 below. The sled would not start. I could pull that bitch about 10 times and that was about all I had. I finally had madcow help me load the thing up and I went home. I put the sled in my heated shop and after a couple of hours of warming up it started on the second pull. I couldn't believe the sled would not start. Even after a crank job, new cylinders, heads, and pipes it started on the first pull. I just about **** when it wouldn't start yesterday. You wouldn't believe what goes through your mind when your baby won't start on race day. Riley

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think every body had trouble starting yesterday. My 700 had to be pulled 20 times to fire. Race gas starts hard in the cold. Try some gumout to start.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i have a little squirt bottle that i put regular(87 octain) in thats mixed and give each carb a squirt to start them.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
lmao. use regular gas in race sleds and you wont have a problem!! 5 pulls to get it off the trailer and one pull for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Bummer. I do know the feeling. Last year in the UP me and some buds were riding and I couldn't even get the 92 octane setup to light off in the morning at -10F. I had to drive to to the gas station and pick up a can of ether. Then with a few more pulls and a few sprays of that she fired up and ran good the rest of the day. It is pretty common for race gas to not light off on cold mornings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts