Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my freind is geting a snowmobile from if uncle and when he starts it and revs it up it blows out white smoke. but i told him mine dose that and thats its spose to do that the first couple time u start it up.then i shoed him this weekend that mine dose that one mine(first start of the year [:D]) but then he tells me his uncle said he needs a new carborator because of this... he wants to know if he needs to go out and bye a new carborator. any ideas what it could be? its like and 1995 polairs

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Cant see why he would have to buy a new carb. He could just repair whatever is wrong with the one on there. Lots of smoke is normal on start up.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Good lord. He doesn't need a new carb. Just tell him to clean them out and that it's normal, don't let people who have no clue tell you what to do. I mean, it like someone saying they can get a bolt out so they need a new wrench. Errrr.[V]

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
New Carb? Is he drunk....I had the same problem try changing the sparks and make sure the carbs are set properly. Chck fuel and stuff there are endless posibilites.
Originally posted by dothedew100191
[br]ok so my freind is geting a snowmobile from if uncle and when he starts it and revs it up it blows out white smoke. but i told him mine dose that and thats its spose to do that the first couple time u start it up.then i shoed him this weekend that mine dose that one mine(first start of the year [:D]) but then he tells me his uncle said he needs a new carborator because of this... he wants to know if he needs to go out and bye a new carborator. any ideas what it could be? its like and 1995 polairs

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
The point has been made that it is quite normal, figure another voice may help though.

The only time you should ever have to buy a new carb is if you somehow manage to destroy the housing of the old carb. Other then that all parts are replaceable at a waaay cheaper price.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by Skyybids
[br]Either it's burning a lot of oil or it's burning coolant cause the block may be cracked.. Is the engine liquid cooled?
That's if it's blowing white smoke all of the time, not just startup.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yah i no i told him how its spose to blow white smoke i showed himand he said it was much thiker than mine and more whiter... i said hes crazy but yu never no

1 - 9 of 9 Posts