Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we installed studs in my friends 97 ZR580 last night, he took it home, started it up, it backfired once and then caught on fire.

120 brand new woody studs are now molten. Now he needs to find a new sled before our New Year's trip

[attachment=51593]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
ya that really sucks...sorry man

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Firecat eh! That is to bad that had to happen..and he was probably ready and just had to wait for now. Good luck in search for a new one!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, we just finished the studs and replaced the speedo bearing. Never touched the engine though.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That frickin sucks...Good luck on finding a new one..

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
My prayers go out to his zr...

God dang I'd go nuts if that happened to me. How fast did it happen? I would've SCRAMBLED for the fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Originally posted by Baero
[br]Well we installed studs in my friends 97 ZR580 last night, he took it home, started it up, it backfired once and then caught on fire.

120 brand new woody studs are now molten. Now he needs to find a new sled before our New Year's trip

[attachment=51593]
oh my [xx(] is that the actual picture,wow that must suck a lot, good luck with the search

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that is it. I have more I can post them later.

He said it happened pretty quick, he had to get his truck away from it first.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some more pics, tomorrow I will try and get some of the aftermath.

[attachment=51600]

[attachment=51601]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Jeez, that sucks, it looks like it started the grass on fire.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
that sux. btu it just means he gets a new 1

·
Registered
95 Posts
Man, that really sucks. I have a sled for sale, but it is tough to get Cat guys to cross over to Polaris. Best of luck on finding a new one for him.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I am actually selling my 97 ZR580, the exact one that burned up for him. I am onto an 800 for him right now.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
why didnt you guys try and extinguish the flames

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Wow that really sucks, You guys have any Idea why it went up like that?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Baero
[br][attachment=51601]
Looks like he's got an awful big smile on his face for a guy wittnessing that trajedy. maybe it's the insurance company on the other end of the phone telling him his new sled will be in tomorrow.....lol
In all seriousness it sucks that it happened to your frined and hopefully he'll find a new one before the trip. I had a sled burn down on me 5 years ago, I feel his pain.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts