Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend me and my cousin noticed my front shocks on my 02' xc 500 are not stock. I was wondering if anyone of you guys out there has a sugestion for me on what kind of shocks i should get to replace those ones. Also in my price range. Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
fox floats.... there cheap... round 1500 for front only lmao

but there worth every penny

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
What do you mean by not stock? What was in there? The 2002 XC 500 non-VES had regular Polaris Nitrex piece of pile shocks. The 2003 had Ryde FX in them.

*EDIT* I just looked at your pictures of your sled and those are the stock front shocks that came on that sled. I think your only chance for good shocks would be Ryde FX. Just find a pair of used ones that were off of a newer EDGE. They will be the same.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
anything but Kimpex Gold....They last for 2 rides and they are junk...Been there, done that, and bought the tee shirt

·
Registered
855 Posts
haha kempex gold thats what in my skid and its shot LOL

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I had some compression adjustable RydeFX shock on my 600xc. Nice, but they aren't rebuildable. Try to find some used Fox shocks and have them rebuilt to your sled's requirements.

·
Registered
506 Posts
http://www.purepolaris.com/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2873781(PolarisPGACatalog)&Department=Snowmobile(PolarisPGACatalog)&Category=SnowAccessories(PolarisPGACatalog)&Listing=SnowPerformanceParts(PolarisPGACatalog)

$250 new ryde fx. can't go wrong. stay away from throw aways.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That website says that Ride FX shocks ARE rebuildable! But maybe the onces you got are older or something. O well thanks. O ya and by the way does anyone else have websites or numbers that sell shocks for cheaper prices? thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
Some ryde fx shocks are rebuildable some are not. you are not going to find a beter price on those than through pure polaris. that is a $400 kit they are trying to dump what they have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts