Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to swap out the front suspension on my '91 RXL. I have the xtra-10 rear skid from a '99 xc 600. Just curious if there's a difference between the xtra-10 front suspension and the xc-10 front suspension. I'm also curious as to which parts i would all need to change.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You are looking at a near impossible swap right there. The XC-10 has an inboard mounted trailing arm whereas the 91 RXL only has the older parallel link IFS. The mounting points on the tunnel will all be different. If you could somehow manage to get the rear part of the trailing arm to fit, you would need new unequal length radius rods, the new trailing arms, the new spindles, the new mounting plates for the front of the tunnel, the entire steering assembly from a late nineties sled with CRC, which would require all new mounting points to be drilled and you would need an entirely new belly pan. You are looking at a very difficult and time-consuming swap. Try to get the parts for a 97 Indy 500 or a different sled without CRC or the inboard mounted trailing arm for the XTRA-10 front suspension. That will essentially bolt right in and give you 9 inches of travel and a 41 inch ski stance.

IFS Front Suspension (1996 Indy 500)
[attachment=23278]
[attachment=55321]
[attachment=55322]

XC-10 Front Suspension (2000 Indy 500 XC)
[attachment=55323]
[attachment=55324]

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts