Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this even worth the effort? The Sport didn't come with a front sway bar, but I have access to one from an '85 Indy 440(?). The guy parting out his '85 can't seem to get it off however... Any tips?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
has he drilled out the plastic block it sits in. It is not easy and I doubt you need it. I don't have one on my sport and don't miss it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]has he drilled out the plastic block it sits in. It is not easy and I doubt you need it. I don't have one on my sport and don't miss it.
No, doesn't sound like he has. Never seen how one actually attaches to the chassis... that's deeper into the bowels of an Indy than I've ever been. [:D] Sounds like it would be a pain to re-install?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am the one trying to get it out.... It seems like it was bent after it was installed threw the chassy. i tried every wich way to sunday to get it out and have had no luck. With the "keepers" removed there is only about an inch of play around the bar on each side. i can move it about 3 inches past the first bend into the chassy then it gets stuck. i dont want to trash the frame to get it out. any idea would be great.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You have to try and snake it out. It is a pain. I did it once, never again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Props to John aka Classics2go, he was able to get the bar out, but only with heroic measures... Don't know how I'll ever get it into my Sport, but if not it might make for a nice conversation piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts