Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replaceing track pulled skid noticed front tourque arm for front rear shock in skid has crack in the weld almost all th way around i have cleaned it up going to have it re welded think i should just replace it or the weld should work fine?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Weld will hold as long as its a good weld. I would reccomend MIG, if your good, it will be stronger than the metal being welded.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If done right, welds are often stronger than the material being welded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
900modman said:
replaceing track pulled skid noticed front tourque arm for front rear shock in skid has crack in the weld almost all th way around i have cleaned it up going to have it re welded think i should just replace it or the weld should work fine?
i would replace it but it also depends on how well it will be welded.......it is up to u but it just to me would depend on how good of a weld the person can do for it to.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
liveforit said:
900modman said:
i would replace it but it also depends on how well it will be welded.......it is up to u but it just to me would depend on how good of a weld the person can do for it to.
Also depends on whether you MIG weld TIG weld or ARC weld.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the peice out and cleaned up my buddy is a real good welder i will make sure he mig welds it thank you

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
900modman said:
i have the peice out and cleaned up my buddy is a real good welder i will make sure he mig welds it thank you
Yep, for a MIG weld it has to be real clean, so clean the heck out of it, makes for a better weld[thumb]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts