Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got frost bite today it's not fun but it's not to bad! the wind chill on the snowmobile in my area must be about -40 - -60

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Wind Chill is about -20 here. I also have frost bit on my chin to after today.

·
Registered
234 Posts
that sucks at least its not horrible bad like not being able too go out and ride bad

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i havnt had frost bite yet, but my heater in my car doesnt work, so i gotta roll with the window down to stop the windows from fogging, it gets me pretty blue, but no frost bit yet[:)].. hope the bits less tom.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Originally posted by ganch
[br]it was -40 here with the windshiled
same here i spose there wouldnt be much different considering were only an hour away

·
Registered
541 Posts
You guys have had it pretty bad in the prairies! I couldn't get frostbite right now even if i jumped in the freezer! It is 5- today though! It's a start...[:)]

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Windchill was -25 here this morning. Not getting cold yet. Ive had frostbite on my face a few times last year. Riding 120km/h in -40C isnt recommended. Especially when your glasses fog up and you have to ride without goggles. 6 months for red marks to go away.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Eh.... Frost bite isn't that bad... it just means your a true fanatic!!!![:D]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
My brother got it bad but not black. His skin peeled and was sore for 3 weeks. He got a beak for his goggles and a different face mask.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I also wear a Caslte X racing balaclava under my helmet. Its the warmest thing ever but i'm considering about buying new goggles with the wind deflcter on it.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I got frost bit on my nose last Sunday, up in ganch's country, riding with my cousin Brett. All the skin came off and it got all red and pusey. It isn't bad now and it never stoped me from riding this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts