Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 650 Triple, throttle does not work, opened carbs and two of them have a stuck throttle valve. Tried carb cleaner and releasing oil and still stuck.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
589 Posts
Unscrew the top of the carb, wathc out for the spring. Try pushing on the slide to see if you can free it. If not, spray some carb cleaner in to the slide to free it. Then take the slide out and clean it well, as well as the carb itself. You might as well clean out the float bowl too, as varnish probally built up down there.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
well, assuming the metering rod is still down the main, take a small piece of wood, and tap on it with a rubber mallet, or try soaking your carbs in diesel fuel, i know this works on really rust scaffoldin screw jacks. then if you get them to free up, clean the carbs completely, i use carb cleaner, and i find to clean small openings, a tourch tip cleaner will work fine.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, I let them soak over night and with a little persuasion and a piece of wood they came loose.

How do I avoid this in the future?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Both sta-bil in the fuel, and fog the engine in the spring before you put her away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts