Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sled is idling and then took off and is now stuck at 4 mph. is it the cable or is something else forzen?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
possible wrong size belt if the motor did not increase rpm. or the belt deflection is off, but thats assuming everything is A-OK with the throttle cable.

is it your fusion? my dads 06 600 had a bad throttle cable junction box i believe, the throttle would not close completely dude to a frayed cable.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its a fusion and the belt is the same one as the last one i smoked. what is belt deflection? it was running perfect yesterday and today i was backing out of the barn and it took off

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
blet deflection is the measurment taken if u put a straight edge ontop of your belt while its on the machine, put prressure on the center point of the belt between your primary and driven clutch, most common for polaris is roughly 1.25 inches.

to adjust, loosen the 7/16-inch jam nut on the secondary clutch. this adjusts the width of the sheaves. grab a 1/8-inch allen wrench and turn the set screw clockwise to increase the distance between the sheaves, and counter-clockwise to decrease distance between the two.

if belt deflection is the case, you need to tight the set screw to increase the gap between the sheaves. use a tape or a ruler to judge how far you have moved them, tighten the jam nut and see if that does anything for you.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine spins off the ground to...just faster now

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Fuse600 said:
mine spins off the ground to...just faster now
do you have the tools and space to adjust the belt deflection? if ur not mechanically inclined bring it to a dealer lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not very machanicaly inclined...my neighbor is but he had an injury so im kinda stuck lol...just wasting my time on here

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
gotta get it repaired some how! now that you have some ideas, go check it out.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
these?

2010125191651218_33495.jpg

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Fuse600 said:
lol not those. you are pointing at the pins that hold the weights in the primary clutch.

look at your other clutch, there is a treaded stud on the side of it. with a little gold nut.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha my bad i do know what that is...which way should i turn it

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
well just loosen the gold nut, then you wanna turn the allen head stud in, clockwise like you are trying to tighten a bolt. but like i said before, dont just start turning it. you have to watch the sheaves you can see them move apart when you do this. im thinking 1 or 2 full turns tops. then tighten the jam nut and start the sled, see if that helps out.

7/16-inch wrench and a 1/8-inch allen wrench is all you need for tools. and a long straight edge to measure the deflection like i instructed earlier.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Fuse600 said:
went to losen the bolt and it broke in half...now what View attachment 2010126152647437_33495.bmp
[sick]
Wait wait wait, I can't exactly tell in your image but if the nut is moving on the threads thats exactly what it's supposed to do. You adjust the threads with an allen wrench, and use the nut to lock it in position. (Not a very clear image)

If its actually broken off inside of there, try to get the rest of it out, then you're going to need to take a trip to the dealer and hope they have one in stock or order it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i have to take off my clutch...will they just have the regular bolt? the bolt actually snapped in half

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its not actually a bolt, simply a threaded set screw, with a lock nut. With a little luck I think you could get an allen wrench in there and wind the rest of it out.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont think you under stand what went wrong...the whole BOLT broke in half

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Time to get the drill out and get that bolt out of there. I'd bring it to someone who knows what they're doing so you dont end up replacing a secondary clutch.

And bmxican, I'm not sure why, but someone went through and gave you all -1's in every one of your posts on this topic so I went through and bumped it up. Not sure why people who disagree are to scared to post that they do. Lets hear everyones opinion if you have one, or just dont bother hitting the -.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts