Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok went from single wear rod carbide 8in to double 8in wear rod still cant stear crossing road god forbid turning on hard surfaces can ANYONE help??[Disappointed]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Can't steer crossing the road? No sled turns well crossing a road. Why do you need to steer going across the road just go straight across. I guess I can see your point if you are getting gas or something and have to steer but just go slow and pull the back end around so you're straight and pull right up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dealer said put longer carbides is that worth it or will it handel worse got dooly 8 on there now

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
you wont gain much by putting on more carbide. the dealer told you that just so you will buy new ones from them. if you want to steer that bad then get something like these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZoVgxJqGCQ

·
Registered
244 Posts
adjust your limiter straps so more weight is on the skis, that should help with steering. But on hard surfaces such as concrete and roads your not gonna be able to turn very well.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
When you stud a track, you need to get longer carbides. Otherwise you have too much force pushing you forward with the extra traction on the track.
Going from one carbide to dual carbides won't help. Dual runners only help with darting.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
When you want to steer on blacktop, stand up and put all your weight forward on the sled. When you want to go straight, stand on the back to wear the carbides less.

Works better for me than any type of carbides..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks that leaning foward did make a noticable diff put on 133miles today once i got more use to the sled things worked a lot better thanks again!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
in parkin lots and such, i have found that oversteering does not work, but a gentle turn will. I also just hop off and sort of push the front end in the direction i want to go, works pretty good. But like mentioned above, sleds dont steer on pavement very well. Longer carbides may help some on pavement, but they will help compensate for the push from the studs when on the trail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts