Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno about you guys but in the off season I'm always doing something to my sled. I'm either painting or some major thing like no slip drive sprockets(pain in the ass). I get really frustrated sometimes with that stuff. The sprockets not quite aligned or the suspension being a pain, or you get the suspension in and even tho you moved it back 1/2", the sprockets still smack the rails on deceleration. Sometimes you just look at you sled and think this thing is never going to work right again. But then it all comes together(after yelling at it and threatening to put it outside and leave it sit forever.

You become overjoyed and then it decides to throw another curve at you. I have 3 cylinders but I'm only going to run on 2 and not for long, then I'm just not going to run. Again, you get frustrated and mad. After checking the plugs, you dismantle the carbs, they look just fine except the needle valve is stuck and not much, just enough to make it not work.

But after all that, you get it working and you run it. You just forget about all of it and how much you hated the sled. Because snowmobiling is awesome. Its the greatest sport. If you had put the sled out to pasture earlier you would have been kicking yourself. It makes it all worth it when you take that first ride. I love this sport!

I've been through a lot of troubles with the 80 JD Sportfire I got for giving my unclle a VCR. And well its still in need of a carb. But my ZRT has had a few trials and tribulations also.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you work hard and get frustrated, but when its all done, who cares, riding is great. All the work is definately worth it! [:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
fixing sleds is always fun....unless its the middle of january and bout 10 degrees outside and snow....then it sux

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I agree 100% and like you I work on my sleds all year long... Just for fun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not always fun, I got 2 pieces of metal in my right eye while working on mine [:(] They had to dig and drill them out in the ER, I have a scar on my eye now. My vision isn't 100% out of that eye anymore either, little blurry. I was even wearing safety glasses!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy working on my sled, its just get a little frustrated with it sometimes. I do get it done! If I didn't like it, I'd take it someplace for work. [:)]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I dont mind it unless their 2ft of fresh powder outside and my sled is dismantled to peices.. Then it really sucks

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I try to do my wrenching over the summer. Ya still need snow to test and tune but by the time the real snow gets here I like to be ready to roll.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts