Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,

I just got my 1993 lynx mountain arctic cat and cleaned the carb and changed the fuel line.

Now it won't send gas to the carb. I checked for a leak in the fuel line (no leaks). Is there a specific fuel line for sleds or did i do something wrong.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You do have the impulse hose connected to the bottom if the fuel pump right? Make sure it's tight. Also make sure the gas line going to the carb(s) if from the output of the fuel pump. Should be arrows indicating inputs and outputs on the fuel pump.

·
Registered
482 Posts
This year when I fired up my sleds it took probably 20 pulls to get the gas going through the line. I had to tap on the fuel hoses to get the air bubbles to pass through. Once you have some fuel in the lines, you could try pouring a small amount of fuel in the cylinders, then firing it up and the vacuum will suck the fuel through the lines toward the carbs. Dont use starter fluid, it can wash the cylinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds like the fuel system is dry. Remove the gas line at the carb and suck fuel up from the tank with your mouth until it reaches your lips and stick it back on the carb. If you are queasy about that procedure then pour a little gas into the cylinders through the spark plug holes and start the engine. After two or three times it will accomplish the same thing. Also did you check the fuel pump? Somethimes the insides have to be replaced. Also check the vacuum line from the engine block to the fuel pump. It could be kinked/blocked, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.