Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when rebuilding i eliminated my inj. pump am now mixing my fuel.what is the right ratio?i was told by a friend that as much oil as i can use b4 it fouls out will give me the most power.is this right?i ran 24:1 while breaking in & 36:1 after that.it seems like it had more power 24:1 but different conditions 2.my brain power is running low and u guys always have the answers.thanx guys!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I would run it at least 40:1,try it at 32:1 and see how it runs.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by snojunkee
[br]i was told by a friend that as much oil as i can use b4 it fouls out will give me the most power.is this right?
That sure doesn't sound right to me...more oil = lower octane.
Usual 2 stroke premix is in the 40 to 50:1 range.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I agree with 500. 2 strokes run best on straight gas, they just don't run very long. The trick is to find out the right mixture for adequate lubrication, no more. Well maybe a little more for insurance. The new synthetics claim you can go 100:1, but I would cheat that down a little. Somewhere between 50:1 and 100:1

·
Registered
187 Posts
On my 440 tx free air we run 500 mil to twenty liters of high test gas and it runs just fine. As for the conversion to American I am just not that good may be someone can convert that for him

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx 4 the thoughts.650 indy 2 answer ur ? ,i got rid of the pump cuz the fitting came loose where it goes in2 the intake leaking oil instead of injectin' it.i lost the 3rd hole & had 2 rebuild..when i mix it i know it's getting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts