Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my 1979 everst 340(dont laugh) is having problem sucking fuel. It was running great last week. I went to start it today and it will only stay running if i keep priming it. What are somethings to check to figure out what the prob may be? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
first check the pulse line to the fuel pump,if that is ok then take the fuel pump apart and check the diafram.you say your 79 everest is having problems sucking.are you shure the last time i road a 79 everest it really sucked!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe good one! The pulse is the line going fromt he pump to the crankcase correct? Am I just checking for leaks? Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And, of course, my usual response.... pilot jets, pilot jets, pilot jets....

[:D]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I'm with ACMan, check your pilot jets before u start ripping your fuel pump apart.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had the same problem with my wifes 1989 Arctic Cat Cougar this fall, it started great one weekend and the next weekend you had to keep priming it to keep it running. It was the fuel pump, because it's for sale I put a new one in, no problems staying running now. I remember at the end of last season it did not idle sometimes, maybe that was the heads up it was dying, keep a spare on the sled it could come in handy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts