Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i rebuilt the top end I used 91 octane premium fuel Im not sure what I should be useing though my cat is a 97 zr 580 efi ett .

any help will be great

·
Registered
85 Posts
the fuel you usually us but mix the gas for the first few tanks to make sure everything breaks in nice

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Your regular grade fuel (87/89) should be fine in that sled.

Like mentioned above, I've read that the first tank of fuel after a rebuild should be mixed at 100:1. In recent years, I've read people disputing this. I feel it's a lot of personal preference, just like most things.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
probably more of a safety if anything no use ruining a brand new top end, doesnt hurt anything to mix it, just makes more blue smoke

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Any two-stroke oil that is safe to premix will work. I would imagine whatever you are running in the sled is applicable.

·
Registered
308 Posts
^^^ yeah lightly like he said, 100:1, its better to flood a couple spark plugs than to ruin your brand new top end.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
100:1=If you had 100 gallons of gas, you would add 1 gallon of oil. For 10 gallons of gas, add around 12oz of oil.By doing this for one tank of gas after a new top end rebuild, it basically gives your engine more lubrication to help break your piston/rings/cylinders in safely. It does not hurt your EFI system. Some paranoid people actually add 1/2 cup of oil to each full tank of gas everytime they fill their sled just to be on the safe side. It might run a little rich and clog up their power-valves but to them, it's better to change out fouled plugs and clean their APV's then having to install a new top end.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Ill see if i can get my premix table off my ipod and post it up. Its a great thing to have it goes all the way to 100:1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts