Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone's preference was on helmets. I am still using the standard full face helmet, but most of my friends swear by the MX style.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I like both. Depends on temp and if I am lake running or trail. Since I got contacts, I am really liking the moto but for the cold temps I still like the full face.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
MX all the way. As long as you keep moving goggles dont fog up. The only way a fullface will not fog up or ice up is if you have a heated visor.
Get a MX helmet with a breathguard and you will not be cold no matter what the temps are. Ive tried various fullface helmets, but the faceshields all fog up.
Also, with a MX helmet you have better peripheral vision.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yah I love my mx helmet but when its like -20 Still wish i had a full face sometimes

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Only time my full face fogs up is when I stop and the lens doesn't fog my glasses do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just keep my visor cracked a bit and don't seem to have much of a fogging problem. I have heard that field of vision is better with MX style.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by Octane
[br]MX all the way. As long as you keep moving goggles dont fog up. The only way a fullface will not fog up or ice up is if you have a heated visor.
Get a MX helmet with a breathguard and you will not be cold no matter what the temps are. Ive tried various fullface helmets, but the faceshields all fog up.
I pretty much entirely agree. I was really hesitant to try an MX style but I love it now. My old full face fogged up pretty much immediately. My goggles don't fog at all.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have both now, rode with a full face the last three years without any issues. This will be the first year with the MX so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i have both. mx all the way no matter what the temps are much better vision, can switch goggle lens for the light conditions. and when really going at it the ability to breath much easier is great. if i did not need to keep my old full face for friends and family i would have sold it by now. once yoiu try a mx you will never go back to a full face. imo anyway.

cheers

·
Registered
613 Posts
I agree with Jonsie. I tried his MX helmet out last year in -25C temps. I had no problems with the cold at all. And we were out on a lake with lots of wind. I'm going to get one myself now.

Raceman1

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I love the MX. I doubt I will go back to a full face...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I agree. I like my mx helmet may more than a fullface. If it's really cold I double up on the balaclava, no problems.

·
Registered
476 Posts
[br]MX all the way. As long as you keep moving goggles dont fog up. The only way a fullface will not fog up or ice up is if you have a heated visor.
yea i didn know that so here i am trying to wipe the fog out with my fingers and scratched my lenses all to all to crap i figured it out after this tho

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
[br]MX all the way. As long as you keep moving goggles dont fog up. [red]The only way a fullface will not fog up or ice up is if you have a heated visor[/red].
my sno force II helmet, never fogged up on me. and a few of my friends have the sno force II helmet as well. they didn't fog up either. none of the helmet's have a heated visor, but they do have a really nice set up when it comes to a breath deflector.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
First I have to say that in the last two season I have worn my full face more than my MX style and it has only fogged up one time. It was really cold and we were riding really hard to the point where I was working up a pretty good sweat and the heat inside my helmet was causing my shield to fog. Other than that, no fogging.

Now that my GF has started riding with us she uses the full face and I use the MX I have for my quad. I really like the MX style helmet for a few reasons. You can hear better, see better and it feels lighter when it is on. I also like the wind in the face because it cools me down. I am always hot and sweating so unless it is really, really cold I don't mind the temp. differences. Just wear a baclava and goggles and you are good to go.

As far as goggles I have Pro Grips that are light sensitive which is cool because it cuts down on the glare from the snow and lets you see the bumps better.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have worn a full face as long as I have been sledding. This year after a lot of research and viewed threads I bought a MX style. (should be here today!) From everything I have heard I hope I didn't make a mistake.

My full face I use is the BRP modular. I swear by it. It has never, and I mean never fogged up. I have been in some frigid temps and never had a issue. If you realy want a good full face then I recomend the BRP modular. The down fall is they are very pricey. They are always for sale on FleeBay and DT as well for good prices. I have had mine for a while and love it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by jonesie
[br]once yoiu try a mx you will never go back to a full face. imo anyway.
These are the sentiments of not only myself, but everybody I know who has switched (except for my dad).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts