Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, theres a scariest story topic, well, going through my dads pictures it brought up a memory so everyone share yours as well.

Well, the night was snowy so the roads were slushy, especially my road which was salted after we got about 10 inches, and then another 10 fell before they plowed. I was carving in a field 2 miles or so from my house and I whipped around and the sled rolled over. Flipped it back over and it refused to restart, even after changing the plugs and clearing the motor out with the plugs out. It just wouldnt start. I pulled and pulled and pulled for about 15 minutes. Finally gave up and took the belt off and had my dad tow me home. When we were just coming onto my road off the trail, we went up over a snow bank, one that had a very odd angle on it. As we went over my dad was able to power over it and keep level. Well, for me thats a different story. I tried to muscle it to the left but it still rolled right. The sled landed on me and my dads sled never even felt a tug as my sled became a toboggan sliding down the road. He dragged me for about 20 feet through the slushy snow and mud before realizing my sled was NOT right side up. I rolled the sled off me when he stopped and we laughed it off and he towed me back home. Just for laughs, right when we were pulling up to the garage I pulled the rope. Fired first pull.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
hearing about your life [LOL]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I ran out of gas riding with 2SEWINGS last season. We were on the lake probably about 1/3 mile from Hungry Jack Lodge's gas pump. So dang close!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Friend of mine buried one of my sleds in the snow, since he got it stuck I maid him push while i bumped throttle, and we were getting in out and I said "Ok stand back I think its going to go", I didn't check to see if he got out of the way and hopped on and gunned the throttle and jumped it out of the whole. I stopped got of and looked to where we were and say 2 feet and 2 hands sticking out of a pile of snow. Then he got up and said he had gotten out of the way but obviously not far enough, we laughed about it for quite a while.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Last year we were on a road in Mancelona, Michigan, my girlfriend and brother were on two different selds behind me and coming around a turn in the road (just to let you know my girlfriends brother and I have studs and my girlfriends didn't) well my girlfriend thought it would be fun to hit the gas more around the turn and without studs she did a full 360 right after she made the full turn and flew off the sled. I seen her do it and I hit the brakes jumped off my sled faster then a bullet to make sure she was okay. She was great, she was dying laughing and told me she wanted to do it again.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
ripperd said:
I ran out of gas riding with 2SEWINGS last season. We were on the lake probably about 1/3 mile from Hungry Jack Lodge's gas pump. So dang close!
Hungry Jack Lodge is awesome! Were good friends with Forrest. Been up there recently to see the new bar?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I was out riding with a pack of guys from my local snow club last winter. We had just finished a club meeting and were out to hit a couple places and ride pretty much all night.

One of the guys in the group had been bragging how he had the best sled in the pack, would out-ride anyone else on the groomed trails, etc, etc... Me, being the type of guy I am was still being a little cautious after my hip thing, and stayed at the back of the pack. Needless to say, I ended up pulling this guy out of the weeds trice when he went off trail.

Then I started having motor issues and headed home, I have no idea how many times more he went off.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mine was when I was pretty young my brothers and I had a old John Deere spitfire. We had a snow day so I went out to ride it and couldnt get it started so I got my little brother. I dont remember how old her was probley 6-8. I told him to hold the throttle wide open and if it started to let off. Well he held it wide open, it started, and he didnt let off. He was heading at an angle toward the shop got it most the way turned but the right ski hit the basketball hoop and it went up on one ski. then there was a drift up again the propane tank he managed to accidently jump. then rode across the yard half off the sled for 30ft or so before letting go.

Wasnt too funny at the time but after no one was hurt and looking back at it. funny to look back on.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Dragon700 said:
ripperd said:
Hungry Jack Lodge is awesome! Were good friends with Forrest. Been up there recently to see the new bar?
It was this year in March or April, so my guess is that it was the new bar. It was pretty nice and new looking, that's for sure.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I broke a starter cord and rewound it backward on my 900. Just about broke my back trying to get it started. My local shop had it for 2 weeks before he figured out what I did.lol
i turned my Firecat into a bridge across a gulley once, right after bragging how I never got it stuck yet. Needless to say, nobody helped me "unstuck" it. lol I still hear about that one!haha!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts