Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 06 Fusion 700 bone stock and is getting 6 mpg. Had it in the dealership and all computer info is good, there are no codes coming up, everything is totally fine, even runs good. Is this what they get? or are they missing something that someone already found?? any info would be great.

And NO he's not running it to the pin in deep snow, this is consistant over 4000 miles the best he has got is 7 mpg.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what do his plugs look like? to tight of track? gearing?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah everything is good!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Somethings gotta be wrong. He has a leak in his gas tank somewhere. My 2001 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup truck weighing in at 6885 pounds empty with a 488 cubic inch (8,000 cc's), 325 H.P. 550 ft/lb torque V-10 get better mileage than that!! Come'on.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you can't compare a 4-stroke, that barley works to a 2-stroke sled that runs at 7-8000 rpm 90% of the time. HAHA But you do have a point. I can't believe it either man. Thats crazy. I'll triple check with him and check the track, etc.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 700 fusion last year and got great gas mileage with it, compared to riding with a 05 700 xc I always took 3-5 bucks less on a $35-40 fill up.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My RXL,1995, was lucky to get 4 mpg, seems anything over 600, are pigs on gas. there has got to be something going on there, what is everyone else getting on theirs, need something to compare it to, really

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by pinkpower33
[br]My RXL,1995, was lucky to get 4 mpg, seems anything over 600, are pigs on gas. there has got to be something going on there, what is everyone else getting on theirs, need something to compare it to, really
Do you still have RXL? Look at prom chip and pm me the part/ serial number. I think I have an updated prom that improves milage and midrange performance. I'll send it to you n/c.

I owned a heavily modded 800 XCR, thing was awsome on fuel on the trails, better than most twins and almost equal to wifes reg XKT 600. On the bar thou,I swear you could watch the fuel gauge go down.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is it a fuely or carbed I can't remember? If injected have the dealership flash the computer again. There may be something that a reboot will cure. I was just out with a '07 700 Dragon and he was better at the pumps than my 04 800 XCsp and I was around the 9 or 10 mpg imperial mark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts