Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading some other forums and some people are running a 080 and others are running a 115. what is the diff? is there a diff. in performance? im not sure what is on mine right how all the writing on the belt is wore off but my spare is a 080.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My new Dragon comes with the #1115 belt, but you can use the #080 belt on the Dragon and Fusion 900. The #1115 belt is suppose to be more durable, and able to withstand more heat, but cost $165-$170! The #080 belt is around $70-$80.

Here is the difference. As you can see, (#1115 belt is on top of a #080) the cogs are deeper for better cooling.

[attachment=54223]

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
I blew my stock belt on my 900 switchback at only 160 miles. The dealer gave me warranty and installed the tougher 321115 belt. They said it is a little stronger and it's re-designed to disapate heat better. They are recomending this belt for all there high horse sleds and for agressive riders. I am using a stock 3211080 belt for a spare. [:D]

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sounds like a lot of guys are blowing belts on their fusions! I hear slp aftermarket motor mounts will solve the problem! Blowing a belt every 160 miles will not be cheap! never blew a belt on my cats just replace them every once in awhile to keep the performance good!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think clutch alignment is key. If we get snow, this will be my third season riding my sled and i have never blown a belt.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Originally posted by Howes
[br]why are these 115 belts so expensive?
Polaris claimes they are much better than the #080. I have almost 500 miles on my Dragon, and the belt is holding up great so far. . . hope I didn't jinx myself. [:)]

I still don't believe $170 is a fair price for the thing, someone is makeing a lot of $$$ on these things!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Someone has to pay for the warrenty claims and the new tooling, might as well be YOU....HAHA J/K

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
My uncle just got his '05 50th anniversary. He runs an ultimax something (I can remember of hand) he has 200+ miles on it with out a problem. He is a big boy at 6'3 280lbs, so the sled has a heavy load to tow around. He rides it fairly hard and it hasn't let him down yet.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I believe that Polaris has been sending about 15-20 115 belts to Polaris dealers for free. We got a box full of them, and they retail for about 200. We've been selling them for about the same price as an 80.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts