Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
130 PSI + . Lower than that, start thinking about some new rings. If its below 100, do it now.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
150 is what my zr900 was too for good comp just wasnt sure if it was the same i will check fri am it starts fine second pull just want to check

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Make sure they are within 5psi, side to side, that's the biggest thing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
137-38 clutch side 133-135 exhaust side think i should do rings now or get the season and do it in the spring?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I'd run it. When it gets below 115 psi, then I would think about it. You could try a different gauge also. See it changes any.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
That's less than a 5% difference. I sure wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
900modman said:
this one is a brand new one but i double checked each side 3 pulls then lookked at reading
Try it again..

This time, pull it till it stops moving the needle, that's the max compression.. Your arm gets weaker each pull, so it will vary in strength each time.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I normally do 6-10 pulls,

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Run it, that fine compression, wait till ito closer to 100. As long as they're close, theyre good.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just pulled till no more 145 exh side 148 clutch side i am pumped this is good i was a little nervous it says 10,0000 miles but when i git it the mph was reading 120 all the time so real miles are unknow i fixed the spedo pick up and now it reads correct at idel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts