Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To you guys with a 900 fusion.What mods do you have and what is your top speeds?People say these 900's aren't fast but I know they are.Just would like to hear some positive comeback instead of all the negetivity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I don't have the fusion I have the switchback but top speed is faster than I have the balls to go. The only thing that slows my sled down is curves in the trail and fear. No mods yet... putting in torque arm, push arm, and EPI clutch kit as soon as we get some snow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
It seems like everyone either loves or hates their Fusion. Some people have them and say they are very fast, dont blow belts and are a great sled while other say they are the biggest POS ever made.
Kinda makes you wonder if maybe it isnt at least partly to do with dealer setup. I demo rode an '05 Fusion 900 a couple years ago and really wasnt impressed. Coming from riding a 600 I thought when it would almost rip the bars out of your hands when you pinned it, but it didnt have the hard-hitting acceleration that I expected. It was fast, no doubt (didnt get the chance to run it flat-out for a long time, but it pulled 95 on the speedo and I only had it at 3/4 throttle) but it was what I would call more of a smooth acceleration.
What really ruined it for me as the vibration. Maybe its something you would get used to after a while or maybe you could cure the vibration through the bars with an Iso-Vibe, but the one I rode would rattle the fillings out of your teeth. It did smooth out a little once you got the revs up above 6,000 though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by Octane
[br]It seems like everyone either loves or hates their Fusion. Some people have them and say they are very fast, dont blow belts and are a great sled while other say they are the biggest POS ever made.
Kinda makes you wonder if maybe it isnt at least partly to do with dealer setup. I demo rode an '05 Fusion 900 a couple years ago and really wasnt impressed. Coming from riding a 600 I thought when it would almost rip the bars out of your hands when you pinned it, but it didnt have the hard-hitting acceleration that I expected. It was fast, no doubt (didnt get the chance to run it flat-out for a long time, but it pulled 95 on the speedo and I only had it at 3/4 throttle) but it was what I would call more of a smooth acceleration.
What really ruined it for me as the vibration. Maybe its something you would get used to after a while or maybe you could cure the vibration through the bars with an Iso-Vibe, but the one I rode would rattle the fillings out of your teeth. It did smooth out a little once you got the revs up above 6,000 though.
he said positive not negative.

i love my 900 rmk. the only mod I did to the engine was an slp pipe/can, and push/torque stops. for the rmk version the stock gearing clutching is very bad. Im sure the clutching on the fusion is not much better. that is one of the reason people think it is a dog. set it up right and it is a hole new sled. I agree there not that great out of the box but put $1000 into it and its a screamer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,755 Posts
with the right mods and a good set up these can be made to run great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
I ride with a buddy who has a 05 900 Fusion. He has had all the updates and runs a SLP pipe set up last winter and the thing rips. Had runs set up out in the highlands and in 660ft I believe he was the fastest sled expect for a Mach Z 800 that was burning 50/50 race/pump fuel. Mind you he also chaged gears and was still running stock clutching. Now he has a RTK head on it so see how it works this year. By far the best riding sled I ever rode and he runs the sled hard and never had the engine touched.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
945 Posts
I really like my sled. This will be my third season without any problems.

I put a Timbersled intake on and also geared it down. I have seen 109 on the recall. Some guys have seen 120 stock with the right conditions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
he said positive not negative.
I wasnt really being negative, just honest. I did say it was fast, didnt I? [:p]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
I ride with a guy who has a 05 900. He put the SLP pipe and muffler on it and the timbersled intake, did it give it more power??...not at all but it sounds awsome and eliminates a lot of weight and heat build up under the hood. He also put on the Timbersled belt gaurd which also eliminates a lot of weight and heat which has saved his belts!
The thing has gobs of power, no word of a lie. Speed?...0 degrees C 97mph (GPS) -15 degrees C 97mph (GPS) -30 degrees C 97mph. It gets there quick and hits a wall! That is the max speed...always!
You make your own decision.
cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by Octane
[br]
Originally posted by WY_rider
he said positive not negative.
I wasnt really being negative, just honest. I did say it was fast, didnt I? [:p]
good for you. I don't think there is many people out there that would consider that a not negative post. lol even when you said it was fast you criticized it. lol and that was one thing from 8 negative things. Its ok to be jealous. [:D]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
Originally posted by U_P_Guy
[br]I don't have the fusion I have the switchback but top speed is faster than I have the balls to go. The only thing that slows my sled down is curves in the trail and fear. No mods yet... putting in torque arm, push arm, and EPI clutch kit as soon as we get some snow.
what do those torque arm and push arms do? i am assuming that you would get more torque. i have heard people talk about them and never understood what they do exactly and how they work. plus where do you install it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
its not the torque your thinking of. its the movement of the engine/motor mounts. they dont make them for the 600 anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
i am pretty happy with mine so far,timbersled intake,mbrp can lost 26.5 pounds this winter will be the real test,if i can get the golden polaris belt.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top