Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a stock 05 fusion 900 just wondering if any of yas have found good clutch kit

·
Registered
23 Posts
The biggest thing wrong with that clutch kit is the helix. Most guys are going with the 420719 helix set on 66/44 setting with the black/red spring in the secondary. Put the almond spring in the primary and try your stock weights to see where it gets you. If you want more info go to snowest and do a search on indydan, there is a thead discussing this in the performance forum.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im just looking for the best over all performance. i still plan to buy a Htg full exhaust system and i know i will have to change my clutching then too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its all around performance, good midrange hole shot and top end. It really helps the belt life over your stock setup. I hit 120 a couple of times last year. For a stock sled set helix at 66 setting and if modded go to the 70 setting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hotseat sells them, also try your dealer. You will have to get the primary spring from the dealer probably. The secondary spring and helix are team products. Leave the weights alone for now and see where the rpms end up before you change them. You should be around 7400-7500 for rpms.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by zimms
[br]Hotseat sells them, also try your dealer. You will have to get the primary spring from the dealer probably. The secondary spring and helix are team products. Leave the weights alone for now and see where the rpms end up before you change them. You should be around 7400-7500 for rpms.
will this same clutch set up work with my dynoport system i just baught? even with the pipe do i still wanna keep my Rpms about 7400-7500?

·
Registered
23 Posts
With the pipe your rpms should be around 7600-7700 rpm. I would install the pipe then see where your at for rpm before you mess with anything. Did you buy the helix yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts