Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 1281 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
PX =Project X 301 skis, which were on many Polaris race sleds, a little more agressive than the VX 301's on the edges. There are better deals out there all the time. Here is a link, $170 for a pair available in black or blue. You then need to get mounts for your particular sled, again good deals out there. I like the racing handles, think I paid $38 for a pair.

Shapers are awesome but on the VX 301 but may be too agressive for most. Round bars are cheaper and work well with the keel design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USI-ski-Project-SX-PX301-Blue-Yamaha-Skidoo-Polaris-NEW_W0QQitemZ150304323695QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150304323695&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

That's about half of web site list price.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
So the pipes do not gain any hp at all? It's just in the reflash? Is that only for slp, because with Dyno port you don't need a reflash and they claim good hp gains..???

Schnill just put one on his 05 900.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thinksno said:
PX =Project X 301 skis, which were on many Polaris race sleds, a little more agressive than the VX 301's on the edges. There are better deals out there all the time. Here is a link, $170 for a pair available in black or blue. You then need to get mounts for your particular sled, again good deals out there. I like the racing handles, think I paid $38 for a pair.

Shapers are awesome but on the VX 301 but may be too agressive for most. Round bars are cheaper and work well with the keel design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USI-ski-Project-SX-PX301-Blue-Yamaha-Skidoo-Polaris-NEW_W0QQitemZ150304323695QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150304323695&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

what do you think about the tripple threat skis / I do 90% trail riding

·
Registered
807 Posts
800storm said:
Thinksno said:

what do you think about the tripple threat skis / I do 90% trail riding
I have heard great things about them and many will be on new 09 Dragons but my personnel preference is the 301 keel for aggressive trail riding and they also float better if you drop off trail. The USI mount brackets allow for various pivot points, and Polaris realized this and changed their new skis with pivot more to back.

FUSION900PA said:
There is a thread on HCS that says many people like the sly dog skis for IQ sleds. They decrease steering effort and offer more bite.
That's the word but some say the USI offer better tuneing in mount and carbide options.
MadMatt900 said:
I've only heard good things about Compfusion Engine Mounts. Does anyone have any bad words to say?
His design is similar to Polaris race mounts offered for wedge chassis- back when Polaris supported a good R&D program.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
what does it take to check the tps ?
It seems like my fusion sucks alot more gas then my 800 storm did and
I had alot of mods to it.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Yes, if you need your tps checked really the best place to take it is to the dealer. What are you getting to a tank???

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
All it takes is a special tool. I just made a thread on how to build your own tool not too long ago. From there its a pretty simple process that involves a good multimeter. I just got my 2006 service manual so i can share what it says for setting the tps if you're interested. I'll see if i can find the thread that i posted when I made the tps tool.

TPS tool

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I cant take credit for the tool, i just made one from info i found over on snowest. I wanted to show everyone how easy it is to make! For $10 everyone that has a TPS on their sled should add one to their tool box!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, the TPS voltage is very important, your fuel and timing maps that your ECU selects get its info from the TPS, I just got done doing mine, the Polaris Tech book says to set your voltage at idle to 0.93v with a max of .01v either way.. so you can be at .92-.94 volts. mine was at .90 and flashing back and forth between .89v and .90v[:0]. My sled always run good but it had a slight bobble in the midrange which is now cured and the sled seems to have quite a bit more snap and power to it... I will have to wait for the snow to check my mileage. I'm also going to flash my ecu with the SLP map and see how it works.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
PolarisEdge said:
Yes, the TPS voltage is very important, your fuel and timing maps that your ECU selects get its info from the TPS, I just got done doing mine, the Polaris Tech book says to set your voltage at idle to 0.93v with a max of .01v either way.. so you can be at .92-.94 volts. mine was at .90 and flashing back and forth between .89v and .90v[:0]. My sled always run good but it had a slight bobble in the midrange which is now cured and the sled seems to have quite a bit more snap and power to it... I will have to wait for the snow to check my mileage. I'm also going to flash my ecu with the SLP map and see how it works.
Somebody I know did that to his fusion 900. Just did the SLP reflash and he likes it.[thumb]

21 - 40 of 1281 Posts