Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 1281 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If you want to gear it down, go to a 24t top gear... but that will give you a bit more dog leg in you chain... 24-38 will take care of this... it hauls ass but will scrub some top end... you shouldn't need to regear a 900, they make so much torque that they can indeed pull that ratio... I'm a 330lb guy and mine doesn't break a sweat unless I'm in real tough conditions. Go to SLP's website and download thier 900 Fusion setup tip sheet that they have made, follow that and it will be a good runner.
On a side note about the compfusion motor mounts, they are beautifully made... but... Polaris designed a mount similar to this for the 2007 fleet of 900's with poor results. With the harder mounts installed, yes the motor stayed put and the sled performed very well, consistant in the new RAW chassis.... but.... under prolonged testing, the bulkhead started to develope stress cracks in it which classed the mounts as a failure and forced Polaris to cancel of the '07 fleet of 900 RMK's, well the 900's period. The RAW chassis is more rigid than the previous chassis allowing for even more vibration transfer causing more issuses. I would rather have a mount fail than to harm more critical areas. You can't mount something that vibrates too solid or it will rip everything apart.
JMHO ofcourse.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
800storm said:
should my secondary have play in it . in and out?
yes about 1/16" at most.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
I think it's 3/32 max.

But the harder you ride, the closer you want to the max, as it'll keep you from blowing up bearings and belts as often.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I just checked my buddies 2 600 ho's and the are 3/16". I guess if you want it less remove a washer. You do want some float. How much on a fusion I can't tell you.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I know that my secondary has more play than this, but here is what the 2006 service manual says:

"most models require the driven clutch to float on the jackshaft. After adjusting offset, add or remove shim washers from the retaining bolt to provide a +/- 0.030" (.75mm) of float on the jackshaft."

·
Registered
945 Posts
This was recommended after the service manual was out just like the torque spec on the primary bolt. The thought behind it is that it would blow less belts due to the forgiveness of the secondary. I have an 05 fusion service manual if anyone wants to buy it. It also has the info for 05 XC 500-800 sleds.

I don't have the CD but i do have the hard copy service manual.

·
Registered
807 Posts
FUSION900PA said:
This was recommended after the service manual was out just like the torque spec on the primary bolt. The thought behind it is that it would blow less belts due to the forgiveness of the secondary.
That is something I will note, 1/8" sounds reasonable. What is the correct torque spec on primary bolt?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thinksno said:
FUSION900PA said:
This was recommended after the service manual was out just like the torque spec on the primary bolt. The thought behind it is that it would blow less belts due to the forgiveness of the secondary.
That is something I will note, 1/8" sounds reasonable. What is the correct torque spec on primary bolt?
96ft/lbs they came 56 from the factory, it was way too loose and usually caused the crank end to snap from vibrations after it had come loose. I sinch mine up to 100ft/lbs.. 6100 trouble free miles so far.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Has anybody here rode the 700 and the 900? I want to know if there is a big performance difference between the two. What have you guys reached for a top speed with the 900? How much HP does the 900 put out stock?

41 - 60 of 1281 Posts