Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want performance for my 05 fusion 900. just wondering if anyone has tried any and or has had good luck with relieablitly.

·
Registered
945 Posts
www.hardcoresledder.com and go to the fusion forum. It will have all the info you need.

This will be the third season on my sled, if we get snow, and i haven't had one problem.

I put a timbersled intake on it last season and geared it down one tooth on top for this season.

That is all i have done so far. I am having trouble justifying modifying the sled if we never get snow to test and tune. I want to be able ride and not wrench when we do get snow. I do want to cluch it, but i think i am going to piece one together rather than buying a kit.

HTG or Dynoport pipe/can combo are working well from what i read. Both companies came together and made this pipe so either works the same.

I have mostly put money into accessories for the sled.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Powerwise how do you guys like the fusion 900, Ive seen it race at some snow drags and it was getting beat by stock 500's and 600's, but they say that theres a chip in them that has to be burnt out after so many miles befor it performs well. But either than that they seem like a nice sled and im sure a pipe, some jetting and some clutchwork would make them perform alot better.. Hope you can find some good performance goodies for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've never seen a 900 get beat by a 500 or 600.The 900 kicks the crap out of any 500 or 600 period.I don't know where you guys come up with some of this stuff.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Change the skiis! I've got the Poo Race Ski (I think the might be SLP's but I have no proof), some guys have changed C&A's. It won't push as much in the corners.
I just put a Tour Buddy on mine, No snow to see how much range I have but I figure it will be at least 110 miles/tank.
SLP torque and push arms keep everything lined up. I'd definately put those on if you're planning on adding HP.
I haven't done anything to the engine yet, I'd be interested to know what pipe/can combo works best. Most people seem to think that SLP has the best combination but that just may be because they have the biggest advertising budget.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The only problem with slp is you have to get a reflash, HTG and Dynoport do not need the reflash. I'm sure it's arguable but many say these pipe/can combos are better than the SLP.

Madmatt, how do the polaris race skis work? Do you think they are comparable to a razor or simmons?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah my fusion seems to work awesome! i havent had any probelms with it. i just want more performace for the better. i havent really had a chance yet to see what to top end is like after about 95 but from any speed below that seems really impresive and really torquey. alot of people say they hate the vibration with the 900 but the only serous vibration i see is idleing after that the sled seems to be a real smooth running sled and realy responsive. but what i have noticed is the sled does seem to dart when ridding easy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was just wondering if any know much about the air delieverly, i wouldnt mind going with a better air box if it makes a diff. with performance. witch air box would be the best?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by FUSION900PA
[br]

Madmatt, how do the polaris race skis work? Do you think they are comparable to a razor or simmons?
I haven't tried Razors or Flexis, so I don't have an opinion. I do know that the Poo skis are way better than stock. I run 8" Woody's Dooley carbides, with 96 double backer studs down the centre, more for braking than holeshot. I think the Ripsaw hooks up really well and I wouldn't have put any studs in it if I didn't have this phobia about ice. Anyway this set up tracks well with no darting. I could probably get it to turn even better with single carbides, but then it might get dartier than I like.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not only handling im looking to up grade im looking to up grade the way the sled peforms and i think i should starting with clutching. is there anyone who has played with the fusion clutching?

·
Registered
945 Posts
For a stock or mostly stock fusion many are trying a TEAM 66/44 helix and have found that it is saving belts and giving better top end.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone know anything about diff. air boxes? i see slp makes one and they clam like 4hp. is it worth it? will the performance be overall better? and what about vforce 3 reads? my fusion seems to have great trottle response with they make it any better?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We finally got enough snow around here to ride and my fusion doesnt seem to have a problem hitting 107+ on a lose trail. it just seems to want to spin alot on my though im running the factory track witch looks like a ripshaw to me with 144 carbide tip picks.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a timbersled intake on my sled. I did notice a little on the bottom but mostly it allows more air flow around the clutches. Timbersled is an easy installation. Some others are SLP, Dubbs, Fire & Ice and there is one more but i can't remember.

I just ordered the 66/44 TEAM helix a couple days ago, so hopefully i;ll get it soon. It is on back order so who knows how long it will take.

Have fun riding. I don't see snow in the forecast for a while.

·
Registered
283 Posts
slp torque stop and push rod,slp high flow box air box,epi clutch kit using polaris 11 series weights---using this weight u go down 2 grams that the 10 series weigth to hit top rpm.26-40 gearing--quick and incresed belt life.thats pretty much from what i've seen without getting into some big bucks,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts