Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through an old Snowgoer magazine the other day and I came upon the following picture of a Fusion test mule that was disguised by putting Edge X parts over the top of it. For the most part, the stock Fusion wasn't bad; although it looked a lot better in real life than it did in the magazines. Still, it always had a few angles from which it looked odd. The yellow EDGE hood and stuff really makes it look pretty cool to me, but I suppose it didn't look different enough to differentiate it from the rest of the lineup. Still, I think it would have been pretty cool if they would have released a sled that looked like this:
[attachment=52068]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
thats the fusion they should of came out with

·
Registered
690 Posts
thats a sweet sled, i seen that in the snowgoer magazine too

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
man, they should have built that. the edge looks great, looks cool with the trailing arms too. i bet a lot of people would have gone for it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by suspiciousminds
[br]The Fusion has only been out for two years has it not? Why have they droped it already?
They didn't drop it... man everyone needs to give their head a shake... they call it the IQ... same damn sled in every way... they had 2 body styles.... the RMK sleek style and the boxier Fusion style. More people liked the sleeker look so they just use that body now... they were.. and still are all the same platform.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisEdge
[br]
[br]The Fusion has only been out for two years has it not? Why have they droped it already?
They didn't drop it... man everyone needs to give their head a shake... they call it the IQ... same damn sled in every way... they had 2 body styles.... the RMK sleek style and the boxier Fusion style. More people liked the sleeker look so they just use that body now... they were.. and still are all the same platform.
I read (as I'm researching a 700 Fusion as a possible purchase) that Polaris wanted to leave the Fusion name behind due to the negativity surrounding the issues with the '05 900, so they went with the chassis' name starting in '07.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by rolypolygoalie
[br]
Originally posted by PolarisEdge
[br]
I read (as I'm researching a 700 Fusion as a possible purchase) that Polaris wanted to leave the Fusion name behind due to the negativity surrounding the issues with the '05 900, so they went with the chassis' name starting in '07.
Yes but my point is they didn't drop the sled... It's still in full production thet just changed the name not the sled.... you can call a K-car a mustang.... it's still a K-car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right, it's a marketing gimmick. The chassis has never been an issue, and they appear to have fixed the engine issue.

Same reason they didn't call it the Chevy Nova in Spanish speaking countries. In Spanish, "no va" means "no go".

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Here are some of the foam mock ups. RMK and the Fusion.

[attachment=52278] [attachment=52279]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Relax PolarisEdge,no one needs to be shaking their heads...
I guess I was refering to the "boxier Fusion style"
To me it is the best lookin sled from the last 4 years or so since the rider forward craz started..and this is coming from a Ski-doo fan..

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
That yellow hood is fugly on a Polaris. I for one would never bought something so hideous, one of the reasons I bought a VE over a Switchback a few years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts