Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put or seen a riser on the fusion?
I wounder if you can with the adjustable
handlebars.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I've seen it done to an RMK, so I'm certain it's possible. I'm not quite sure how, but if there's a will, there's a way.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
it could probably be done but i think it would weaken it alot

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
yeah if you look on hcs in the fusin forum there are a few guys who put risers on them... no need for it though

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Originally posted by Bmxican
[br]... no need for it though
Maybe for you there's not. I rode an '06 RMK in yellowstone, and even though it was adjustable, I still would have liked to have about 3 inches more height on the bars. If I owned an RMK (or Fusion for that matter), I would be extending it some.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
thats an rmk......totally different riding style for that sled.
i dont understand why anyone would want their handlebars up to their chin trying to hug a corner around the trails.... sled steers kinda heavy as it is and i dont think adding 3 inches to it will help any. just my opinion.
im not against risers or anything... i just wouldnt put any on this sled

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
If you're primarily riding trails, no, you probably don't need any riser setup. For people like me, who very rarely ride trails and do alot of ditchbanging and boondocking (as much as can be done on the prairie anyway), high bars are very convenient. Because of this boondocking, low bars simply do not cut it. Look at my ZR for instance...it's got 11" of rise off the steering post...I ride it more like a mountain sled than a trail sled. I almost gurantee you that if I were to buy a fusion, I would be extending the bars at least a couple inches.

Anyway, you have your views, I have mine. I'll leave it with that...let it get back to topic.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[br]yeah if you look on hcs in the fusin forum there are a few guys who put risers on them... no need for it though
Yeah Its just a little short to stand for me,I could use another 2 inches.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Originally posted by Fused
[br]
[br]yeah if you look on hcs in the fusin forum there are a few guys who put risers on them... no need for it though
Yeah Its just a little short to stand for me,I could use another 2 inches.
slammed all the way forward? or what
i went out in my garage and from setting 1 to setting 7 there is a 3 inch difference in height. not a whole lot but im guessing its good enough for the average sized person. how tall are you? my dad is 6ft and he can stand straight up without a problem.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
i would add about a 2 inch riser to my fusion. just need that lil extra. and a riser would be no problem. just need the block, not the pivot. becuase of the adjustable bars.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You can put a riser on a Fusion. I know a guy who bought an '06 Fusion 600 HO and put a riser on his because even with the bars all the way foreward they werent as tall as he wanted.
I honestly dont know how some people could ride without tall handlebars. Im used to riding my EDGE X with it's 4 1/2" riser and then if I hop on my mom's or my sister in law's sled with the stock bar height Im like, "dang, how did I ride sleds with low bars like this all those years???"

·
Registered
945 Posts
I put 2" rox extensions on mine with a rox handlebar pad and loomed the wiring. THey are perfect now!!

[attachment=55407]

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks great,I really want
to do that to mine!

what's loomed?
Originally posted by FUSION900PA
[br]I put 2" rox extensions on mine with a rox handlebar pad and loomed the wiring. THey are perfect now!!

[attachment=55407]

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
[br]that looks great,I really want
to do that to mine!

what's loomed?
Originally posted by FUSION900PA
[br]I put 2" rox extensions on mine with a rox handlebar pad and loomed the wiring. THey are perfect now!!

[attachment=55407]
thanks!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
[br]what's loomed?
Wire loom. Plastic tubing used to cover wires and other such items, available in various sizes and colors.

Here's a picture of my bars. Note the black wire loom running down each side of the riser. It contains all the wires for my hand/thumb warmers and such.
[attachment=53563]

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can buy this riser on Ebay that will fit the Fusion and IQ Models.

Here is a Link to the 2" True Vertical Riser.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170084021519&rd=1&rd=1

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
[br]Yeah but, Can you still
move the bars back and forth
with adding risers????
I don't see why not. When you pull them back towards you though they'll be "in your face" so to speak.

As far as them being "tall enough" I call BS, I wish mine were higher, I'm 6'4 and when I'm standing with them in position 7 I'm still hunched over.

But whatever, I got used to it and don't like spending money.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]
[br]Yeah but, Can you still
move the bars back and forth
with adding risers????
I don't see why not. When you pull them back towards you though they'll be "in your face" so to speak.

As far as them being "tall enough" I call BS, I wish mine were higher, I'm 6'4 and when I'm standing with them in position 7 I'm still hunched over.

But whatever, I got used to it and don't like spending money.
I agree, I'm 6'3" and I'm still hunched while standing. If I spent more off trail riding then it would warrant risers, but seeing as how I ride trails 90% of the time theres no need.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts