Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap out my seat for a fusion style seat, but also want to swap in the RMK/SKS rear tunnel cooler so I can get rid of my tunnel strips. Has anyone done this swap on an RMK/SKS, or with the rear tunnel cooler? thanks

· Registered
454 Posts
Ive got rear exchangers off a rxl

· Registered
454 Posts
I dont have the foggiest idea on that one dtmmil?

· Registered
2,124 Posts
dtmmil said:
I want to swap out my seat for a fusion style seat, but also want to swap in the RMK/SKS rear tunnel cooler so I can get rid of my tunnel strips. Has anyone done this swap on an RMK/SKS, or with the rear tunnel cooler? thanks
Might want to PM WhiteXC-Kevin on his mater rebuild, he dropped rear cooler in on his '99 XC700, oops, Kev calls it something else now like XZilla!! There was a vote on the sled name a couple of months back.. Ummmnnn Kevin, can you shed some light on this topic, maybe w/o the Brownies, and which way an arrow points[thumb]

· Registered
601 Posts
I have a fusion seat with the taillight and storage thing under it in perfect shape. Send me a pm if you are interested.

here is a fusion seat on a gen II looks pretty sick! http://www.crashedtoys.com/index.php?fuseaction=car.view&carid=2584278

· Registered
2,887 Posts
I wish I could eat some of those brownies....but the higher-ups at the company see it another way! Arrows....what arrows?![confused]

Back on topic. I am not sure how the under side of the fusion seat is but you need some clearance for the coolers I installed. Are you changing the cooler set-up Drew? Here are a couple pics of mine, which you can get from the Ultra's, RXL's, and a few of the other triple sleds I think along with the RMK's and SKS's of our era.

Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Machine

Glass Metal

Attachments

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, that pic of that sled on crashed toys, isn't that madcows old one, if so don't the 800xcrs have the rear coolers also? And I want to change to that cooler setup, but if it won't fit under the seat I may have to rethink it. How much do you want for that seat you have tughillboy, you can pm me pics and a price if you want, not sure that I am ready to start it yet, but you never know.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, question about the seat/tank swap, are all the fusion tanks the same? Is there a better one to swap with if there is more than one kind? And how many gallons do they hold? thanks

· Registered
52 Posts
Pretty much all of the Fusion/RMK/Dragon tanks are the same. I have a 98 XC700 and I'm installing a Fusion tank and a 2005 RMK seat. I think that you'll have a problem finding a seat to cover up those hoses and coolers. You also could have looked at the rear cooler which is used on the 05-06 RMK. You can get the running board edge coolers instead of running hoses down the tunnel (they rivet onto the tunnel).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.