Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason the other day i was ridding down the trail at about 85 and the speedo stopped working. i checking the wiring hardnesses and they are all plugged in and the ground is still hooked. can anyone help me? has anyone help had this problem?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
if your wiring is ok, i'd say the next step is to pull the sensor, and first make sure nothing is stuck to the end of the magnet on it. Next make sure the ring gear it reads from is still in tact, and secondly, if its a 2 wire sending unit, the it should have some sort of continuity. Check it with your DVOM and make sure you dont get an open circuit. If you have an open, I'd say the sensor is shot.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Take the 6 bolts out and check the sensor, too much grease, grease got hard and broke the sensor off.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2006 600 fusion. I called the dealer where I got it and he thinks it is some voltage regulator. He said he has three sleds at is shop with the same problem and if changing this made the speedo work he would call me. He thinks there may be a recall in a few moths if many sleds have problem. But untill then regulator cost like 85 bucks and he thinks it will do the same thing again after a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts