Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a stock fusion 900 and my buddy has a 700 viper clutched, slp pipes vforce 3 reads, the hole works. and we race from like 30 on and was right side by side the hole time.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
that doesn't say a hole lot about your 900!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Originally posted by rev500ss
[br]that doesn't say a hole lot about your 900!
Why? The hp should be very close to the same between the two. If you believe SLP's advertised hp for the viper with their pipes, the hp advantage goes to the viper. You're doing ok howes. Do a little clutching and you might be out front.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Well, the Viper is modded, so I would expect it to run with the Fusion. Put the Viper back to stock and see what happens.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i rode that viper tonight and his speedo was reading like 116 where my was reading 105. are those viper seedo that far off or is it the fusion?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Yammi speedos are way more "optomistic" than others. I am surprised the Viper could keep up though. Maybe you shold look into getting the clutches dialed in. There are a lot of proven setups out there for the Fusion 900.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I would expect the Viper to slighty beat the Fusion in that trim. Stock for stock the Fusion will waste the Viper.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
^ Agreed. Those mods probably have the potential to add 15-20 hp.

BTW outran a stock later model viper last year with my 00'XC700 on a full pull. The xc is bone stock with acception of running a Ripsaw.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
the viper is around 127hp stock i believe. A good set of triple pipes can yield nearly 30hp on those things. Thats well into Fusion territory.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by Howes
[br]i got a stock fusion 900 and my buddy has a 700 viper clutched, slp pipes vforce 3 reads, the hole works. and we race from like 30 on and was right side by side the hole time.
Then your buddies not clutched right then, or the stock fusions were clutched great from factory.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Sorry CanadianXCR, I meant to agree with your post. Polarisrocks hit the send button a second before I did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think snowgoer did a top end shootout with all 4 makers and yamaha read 115mph on the speedo when it was realy 98mph and they called it a wishometer

·
Registered
700 Posts
I dont think anything on the 900 fusion was great from the factory. Clutching on the forst year was off and overshifting the belt off of the clutch causing blown belts all the time. Fix? The factory just slid a different gear in to load the engine more limiting the clutch shift. Lots of weight that didnt need to be there as well. The pipes were junk but they needed to meet sound reqs. Clutching, SLP pipe/ silencer, and various lightening options really wake them up.
I would at least put a silencer on it just to get rid of that mone the stock one produces along with like 20 lbs.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by CanadianXCR
[br]the viper is around 127hp stock i believe. A good set of triple pipes can yield nearly 30hp on those things. Thats well into Fusion territory.
Not. Vipers are 120 hp stock. The bottom line is that stock vs stock a Fusion will waste a Viper. Afterall, its a 700 vs a 900.
Vipers were never that fast for a 700, infact, they were one of the slowest exhaust valve 700s.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Last year one of the magazines did a real world speedo shootout. Yamaha and AC were way off. I can't remember exactly but it was anywhere from 7-12 mph off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a 04 Viper S all stock and it rippes. I would race any 700 of that eara with confidence. I think the only 700 that would beat me would be the SRX. I have ridden a F-7 and it didn't impress me much. If you say the viper is one of the slowest 700's I would have to dissagree. I have no proof as I have never raced another 700 and Maybe my speedo is off, but I can hit 117 MPH on the speedo no problem with more there.
Originally posted by Octane
[br]
Originally posted by CanadianXCR
[br]the viper is around 127hp stock i believe. A good set of triple pipes can yield nearly 30hp on those things. Thats well into Fusion territory.
Not. Vipers are 120 hp stock. The bottom line is that stock vs stock a Fusion will waste a Viper. Afterall, its a 700 vs a 900.
Vipers were never that fast for a 700, infact, they were one of the slowest exhaust valve 700s.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Does my sled qualify as a sled of that era?? [:D]
[attachment=56548]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts