Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the dry weight is for the stock Fusion vs the stock 2000 XCR 800. I just raced my buddy with my XCR and we were pretty much even up to 100 mph then he was done and I kept on going. Pretty awsome feeling. I am lighter than him, he said that is why I kept up with him, but I agrue my sled is alot heavier then his fusion. Am I right??
thanks guys

P.S Had the gauge inticating 122mph on saturday!!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I imagine the stock dry weights are probably pretty close, the Fusion may be a tad lighter is my guess. Regardless you have to look at how these machines are geared and the engines respective power bands. The triple will always have longer legs up top, its just their nature.

Kinda off topic but how is the trail system out around Brandon these days? I lived out in Shilo as a kid when my Dad was in the army, they didn't really have much of a trail system back then. Always wanted to go back out there to see how things have changed.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I now have a stock 2000 xcr 800 and I'm pretty impressed. I've ridden stock and moded xcr's among many others, and it may be the best performance sled polaris has ever sold to the public. I'm not supprised you walked away from a fusion. Not trying to step on toes here, but the xcr walks away from a lot of newer sleds. Consider your sled is 7 years old.[8D]

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you betcha ultra680. 7yrs old and $3800, to the fusion's $10,000 price tag.

Canadian XCR: I now live in The Pas, MB 600kms north of Brandon, I was there last weekend and they have very little snow right now, so the trails have not been real good. Up here we have 5ft of snow and have been riding on 120miles of GROOMED trails since the middle of Nov! I have about 1200miles on so far, love this XCR.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Oh yeah, been there once with the old man fishing ( it was excellent ), thats getting pretty far north, Brandon was cold enough for me, The Pas must be worse, lol..Send some snow down here will ya!

I hope to get a hold of an XCR 800 in my lifetime, problem is the newest one is now already 4 years old, and these sleds are usually owned by rich thugs that drive them into the ground ( or trees ) so they disappear fast.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
The weight difference is HUGE, the dry weight on an 00' 800 XCR is 555 lbs, don't know what the fusion was but the 07 IQ is only 485 lbs. there aren't a whole lot of sleds are gonna stand up to the 800 XCR unless it says T-Cat on the side of the hood!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i just found it, the 05 was 449lbs, and your right the XCR was 555.

thanks guys

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
The Fusion 900 is around 530lbs dry. So the weight difference isnt that much between them. Im kinda surprised the Fusion stuck around til 100. Fusion is also around 10hp less.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I was going to say about 40 pounds, it's that much differance? Buddy got his stuck plenty, it's a pig ehehe The fusions with clutching have a ton of torque and holeshot nicely.They got a bad rap with the vibes, but I personally liked the chassis. Corner to corner and holeshot they are a tough customer dialed in. Your buddy had the primary update done? Fusion my buddy had would pull low teens on gps.
Boody, what is done with yours? Don't know what your running for studs and a track. Want two+ sleds in the hole shot? Drop the front suspension mount once inch. You'll see the hole on the plate. Also in drag mode, move the rear stops to the rear most for heavy transfer.
any clutch work done? Heathly stock mill will pull 2 more grams.
I take it you were spinning bad? in 121 trim I lost many races in the snow because of trenching.

122 not bad eh?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
well again an ole triple vs an newer twin and wow the out come

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah my buddy had all the updates done and has the SLP pipe, and hardcoresledder intake.

I have 144picks on the stock .91 track. I have already moved the front suspension bolt down a inch to the lower hole, that makes for nice transfer. All clutch and gear parts are still stock. I just put a new crank in it so the motor is quite fresh (1000miles). 2 more grams in the primary eh? More info on that would be appreciated. I will check into moving my rear stop back like you suggested...that makes a difference? Yeah I would like to try again on hard pack snow against him with a flagman rather than us putting our arm down.

122 mph on the groomed trail; I am sure it would do more on a snow covered road! More on that later.

·
Registered
864 Posts
With a stock hieght track you might want to try less of a ramp than the r12 for giggles. Too much helix makes the threnching worse. 48 or 46 start. Seen some use a straight 36.. I'm was able to put a 52pr down with the longer track. With the short track it was only good on hardpacked.
Yup stock is 60 g I think?, toss the alomod square primary, they sack with low miles (2k?)., go to the almond round with 62's.
Keep the secondary clean and smooth.
Play with the rear stops, too much back you'll have skis inthe air and a bitch in the trails.They like the rear springs firm like that.Front limiters should show about an inch of thread.
One trick I was shown was the exhaust manifolds where they bolt to the cly. With the pipe off put your finger inside and drag it through, you'll find you can do some grinding and free up some flow. The one closest to the MAG, will not come off without taking the waterpump off. also Shim the donuts to keep the pipe up tight.

Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts