Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need a favor, if any of you wear FXR gear could you tell me the pros and cons of your setup.... including helmet...

I am stuck right now I am in the process of buy a 2005 FXR fuel Jacket and I cant find much info about it I really wanted the new fxr jacket but I am getting a realy good deal and this stuff... I did end up getting the 2006 FXR Nitro Pants... I wanted the 2006 Nitro SX Team Jacket but it is very hard to find in my size and the color that I am looking for...

if you guys could post me pics of all your FXR gear and give me the pros and cons this would help me make my decision...

Thanks RJ

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hey dude. I used to ride with their pants and coats.
Right now i use my Castle Racing jacket the CR2 series. But if you have ever seen Sledcrew they wear those podium style warm up jackets that look like trenchcoats. I wear one of those they are really warm. They look cool when u unzip them and fly in the wind because it looks like a cape. They are warm though i have known FXR to be a good brand. They have done good stuff for me. My jacket was lie 170 which is very reasonable for a warmup jacket.
[attachment=48147]

hope i could help [8D]

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey, I just bought the FXR Cold Cross Jacket Pullover. Here it is there. It doesnt have a lining but its got a mesh inside. Im hoping its going to be nice for the nicer days and I plan on just throwing on an extra fleece or hoody when its a bit colder.

[attachment=48148]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Dont buy fxr gloves. Had a pair last year and they lasted a little over a month. Stitching coming apart at fingers and fingertips are starting to wear thru. They were warm for the first 2 weeks. What a waste of $60. Really hope their coats and pants hold up better.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]Dont buy fxr gloves. Had a pair last year and they lasted a little over a month. Stitching coming apart at fingers and fingertips are starting to wear thru. They were warm for the first 2 weeks. What a waste of $60. Really hope their coats and pants hold up better.
Thats weird, my fxr gloves are the first pair ive had that lasted more than a couple of weeks. Maybe i just got lucky.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I had a pair of Castle X gloves a couple years ago.They were warm, comfortable, waterproof and very durable. I lost them and havent found a good glove yet to replace them. Went thru 3 pairs of gloves last winter. Including a different pair of castle x. I may try a pair of choko gloves this year but a friend has 2 pairs and says they are both cold.

I need something very warm and prefer mitts to gloves as our average Jan-Feb temp is -30C and colder. And something that can withstand that cold without cracking and breaking at the seams. Any ideas anyone? Maybe hear what the Alaska guys are wearing.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have FXR pants, pricey but the best pants I've owned (6 years old and counting) I'm sure the coats are good
As far as gloves, I have yet to find a good pair that don't fall apart

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i have fxr jacket, pants and gloves. best gear i have owned yet warm. had no issues with it coming apart. stuff is light yet really warm, it is pricey but worth it.

cheers

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have always wore FXR and would have a hard time switching it up to anything else i have been very happy with their products. I do have a couple other coats that I wear here and there though. For this season I got the Cold Cross Pants and Coat with adrenaline gloves and let me tell you from what I heard it is supposed to be some of the best stuff out. I would probably wear what I could buy if I had to pay full price for this stuff but because I have a couple friends that are wholesalers I get it pretty cheap.

DW

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by DAN_8485
[br]I have always wore FXR and would have a hard time switching it up to anything else i have been very happy with their products. I do have a couple other coats that I wear here and there though. For this season I got the Cold Cross Pants and Coat with adrenaline gloves and let me tell you from what I heard it is supposed to be some of the best stuff out. I would probably wear what I could buy if I had to pay full price for this stuff but because I have a couple friends that are wholesalers I get it pretty cheap.

DW
i am looking into getting the 05 FXR fuel jacket it is brand new and I am getting a great price on it i was wondering if anyone has a pic of it I cant seem to find one...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIAC
[br]Here is my FXR jacket bought it last year threw royaldistriduting.Ausome jacket keeps you warm and dry[attachment=44802]
thats the frostfire right... ya i really like that jacket... it is between that one same color and the fuel...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
here are some pics of mine.
[attachment=25841]
[attachment=27529]

i have the x cross jacket(awsome) and the nitro pants also very wicked. if your getting a good deal then i would not even second guess buying fxr gear. so far i have talked to a few people that run there stuff and only really problem seems to be sticking coming apart on some of there gloves.

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the frostfire jacket it's 2 years old and the nitro pants and there great the only problem is the zipper on the jacket it wore out after the first year. I'm thinking of getting an FXR helmet this year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by 01polarisprox
[br]Hey, I just bought the FXR Cold Cross Jacket Pullover. Here it is there. It doesnt have a lining but its got a mesh inside. Im hoping its going to be nice for the nicer days and I plan on just throwing on an extra fleece or hoody when its a bit colder.

[attachment=48148]
Great Choice!! I just bought the same thing, but the Zip up style with the matching pant...it's sick I love it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.