Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i pulled my 98 indy 500 off the trailer to fix some wiring on the trailer. i started the sled and left the choke on by accident. i then pulled the sled up on a track lift. i woke up to a couple gallons of gas on my garage floor. Is it possible that leaving the choke on and tilting it with the track lift could cause this to happen. One more thing there is gas coming out of my pipes so i think this is the cause. can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
The fuel didn't come through the carbs and on to the pipes, it has to be pumped with the fuel pump and the engine running.

You have a line or tank leak some where, and my guess would be in the tank just above the fuel level when she wasn't elevated.

It might look like it's coming though your pipes, but the fuel just found it's way out through the canister opening in your pan.

Elevate the track more, and look for the leak, (not sure if/how plastic tanks can be repaired, ne1 else?)

Once it's fixed take your pipe and can off, and clean things out thoughly before starting it, we want you to be able to ride that 500 after all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might not even have a leak. Leaving the sled tilted with the gas valve on the gas can run down through the motor. But who knows you might have a leak.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Needle ancd seats in the carbs. Gas is gravity fed. I replaced mine on a 98 last year, it would flood overnight.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
He said it was "coming out the pipes" though,
that's alot of flooding, unless he had his sled
almost vertical.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a ski doo that had bad needle and seats. Just letting it sit for a few hours, it would be flooded, and gas would be in the exhaust. Once I replaced them, I was good to go... Just somthing to check out.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Have seen an exhaust fill completely after the motor is filled.. It's about $20cdn for the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts