Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get better gas mileage out of this machine? It's not running bad, I'm just trying to get more out if it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do a lot better than 7-8 on my 1998 ZR600 EFI. I generally get 11-12. I have really streached it on groomed trails and got 130+ miles before gassing up, with one gallon left in the tank. I never flogg it for any distance on the trails, except for the rail grades where it is general safer to do so. Then it'll drink a little more. My friend's '03 ZL6 SS does better in tight trails when we are traveling at a leasurely pace. He will take about 10 to 20% less gas. If we are cranking on the railtrails, and his exhaust valves are open, he will take the same amount of fuel as me.

-Les

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
thats going to be about it unless you trail ride and keep the throttle in one position ,instead of gaging it once in awhile,here is what i came up with ,many sleds ,some triples some twins ,a 96 zrt 800 trail riding 10ish,99 xcr 800 same 10-12ish ,and here is whats truly amazing a 97 polaris 500 indy ,10 also ,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts