Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a '72 ski doo olympic 335 that he just bought. The only thing we don't know is the gas and oil ratio! Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
287 Posts
Me thinks 40:1. There MAY be something somewhere on the sled that will tell you. Look hard. It may even be just an embossing somewhere...

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440
1995 Ski Doo Formula STX LT

·
Registered
506 Posts
generally 40:1 is a fairly safe ratio, still tho, look long and hard.

reminds me of the time my buddys oil injector quite, he premixed a tank, then realized the oil injection was just a cracked line, replaced it.

can we say blue smoke

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had sleds from that era. The manufactures and there were many, all said different things. I had an allouette superbrute that they wanted 20:1 in. I ran 40:1 and it was fine. I vote 40:1

·
Registered
506 Posts
if you have to much oil, yer out a little oil, and thow some blue smoke. if you mix in to little, you burn down your engine.

just a quick refresher in the event that a judgement call needs to be made.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you use a quality oil than you should be able to go with 20:1 or 32:1. If it doesn't foul plugs it will give you more power because the rings seat better. but if you are going through more plugs than you can buy than switch to 40:1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts